2015 Project? | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

2015 Project?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What do you see coming in 2015?

• Total voters
They could try their hand at a real 25-year celebration without opening any real new attractions. Some plusses of some older ones would be nice too.

While I haven't gotten an update recently, I believe a few smaller projects will be opening next year. So, nothing major, but some may turn out to be clever and popular.

True. There could be some smaller changes, but I don't think we should see anything like we've seen the past 2 years.

Nothing? Why that's a bummer. I'm sure you guys are right and we will probably get some cool changes. I'm still grateful we got diagon and transformers so if they want to take a year long "break" then let them. 2015 will probably end up being better than we think

Too, I am one that actually enjoys watching them build a major attraction. For me it is an attraction unto itself. EE construction alone held my attention for nearly 20 minutes each time I visited.

i still have a feeling a refurb of revenge of the mummy could be in the works soon but that's my very wild guess

I've heard rumors about Twister leaving. Not sure how much I believe those rumors though.

It was quite sound at the time and the closing was to be this fall or very early 2015. The plan was for a Rock Center theme and more specifically The Tonight Show. Perhaps it was a fleeting idea 5 months ago and has since been canned. It was much based on the popularity of Fallon's visit this past spring. At the time, the info was absolutely accurate.

Last edited:
It was quite sound at the time and the closing was to be this fall or very early 2015. The plan was for a Rock Center theme and more specifically The Tonight Show. Perhaps it was a fleeting idea 5 months ago and has since been canned. It was much based on the popularity of Fallon's visit this past spring. At the time, the info was absolutely accurate.
I would've loved that should it have happened.

When I first heard about that I thought it was kinda cool, now that I think about it that has the potential to be a gigantic disaster. If fallon backs out of the tonight show, that whole attraction is going to be either ruined or incredibly dated. It's a giant risk that could destroy that entire area. It would be best if they got Walken to do this attraction or better yet Paxton since it'll be taking over his home turf. He knows a ton about music he could easily be in it

Cole, Fallon ain't going anywhere soon. Comcast/NBC loves him and his ratings and there is a long term contract in place. I got the impression they are looking for a 10 year attraction at best.

I doubt they could have pulled off the real Tonight show in Orlando. Orlando doesn't have a significant guest pool like NY or Hollywood. I doubt most touring celebrities would want to make that plane ride, since they're usually doing a multitude of shows in NY or Hollywood to promote their latest endeavor......Teebin: Was the projected attraction the real Tonight Show, or was it just a facade like the late American Idol Show at DHS?

I doubt they could have pulled off the real Tonight show in Orlando. Orlando doesn't have a significant guest pool like NY or Hollywood. I doubt most touring celebrities would want to make that plane ride, since they're usually doing a multitude of shows in NY or Hollywood to promote their latest endeavor......Teebin: Was the projected attraction the real Tonight Show, or was it just a facade like the late American Idol Show at DHS?
From everything I understand it was something like the American Idol Experience. Fallon would never permanently leave NYC. Hell, they moved the Tonight show there for him.

From everything I understand it was something like the American Idol Experience. Fallon would never permanently leave NYC. Hell, they moved the Tonight show there for him.

While it was murky as to what they had planned, you are correct that it had nothing to do with the actual Tonight Show coming to US. It may have been a combo Today Show / Tonight Show and be sometimes be a live feed? I dunno.

While it was murky as to what they had planned, you are correct that it had nothing to do with the actual Tonight Show coming to US. It may have been a combo Today Show / Tonight Show and be sometimes be a live feed? I dunno.
I wouldn't be surprised if they were thinking of building an attraction that looked good enough to sometimes be used for Live Broadcasts. The Today Show is down a decent amount lately.

To quote Jim Dalrymple: "Yup".