2015 Project? | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

2015 Project?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What do you see coming in 2015?

• Total voters
Haunted Mansion was a dormant building for like 8 of those years because they couldnt decide what to put in it...construction didnt actually last 10 years, it just took a whole lot of development. 2 years for a new ride seems to be about normal for a well-themed and new attraction assuming all the R&D for the tech is done. I knew there would be no way to keep up the insane construction pace used for Transformers for as long as they were projected to; TF *should* have been a relatively quick and easy installation, not the bar by which to measure all other projects up against.
I definitely agree we need to stop comparing everything to transformers because it's absolutely unfair

If we're not getting a ride next year, they sure as heck better be updating the nighttime show and parade(hopefully expanding the parade), and while they're at it, why not work on some place making? Fix up sight line issues with Forbidden Journey, fix up or upgrade animatronics in River Adventure, and begin something to redo the Studios park entryway.

These things wouldn't take a solid year or two to do, and they really would help fix things and tide us over until Kong's return.

You know what I would really love? If they spent all of 2015 updating rides and attractions with extra details and effects kinda like what Disneyland is doing now with their old attractions. Something like Projection mapping for the Dudley blast, cat in the hat CGI replacement, fixing most animatronics. If they added one update to one ride every 2 weeks it would be another year for universal and it would force people and press to come in more often for brand new updates. Would make the resort feel more whole aswell and cancel out all nitpicks people have with most rides

Last edited:
I doubt placemaking and general improvements will happen. Most of Universal's rides have remained relatively unchanged since they opened havent they? And Universal doesnt seem to care about sightlines/showbuildings in the first place let alone enough to fix them without a promise of an ROI to go along with it. Although Springfield was a nice, un-advertised improvement, it was on a much larger scale and has increased revenue...something project mapping and extra FJ rockwork wouldnt do :/

Probably both, It's cool universal is doing this instead of making another rush job. Hopefully it'll come out early 2016 or something. Then again guys universal said an attraction every year not a ride. Maybe the museum (would be too perfect for the 25th) and possibly a flat ride or a crazy announcement. I'm sure we won't be empty handed
I can not life with a nother flat ride. One thin I love about Universal is that it doesnt seem like a Carnival.

I can not life with a nother flat ride. One thin I love about Universal is that it doesnt seem like a Carnival.

In my opinion it doesn't hurt them, especially if it's incredibly well themed like kang and kodos. Seuss landing has 2 flat rides and you can't even tell they are because of the theming. I welcome them but that might just be me

In my opinion it doesn't hurt them, especially if it's incredibly well themed like kang and kodos. Seuss landing has 2 flat rides and you can't even tell they are because of the theming. I welcome them but that might just be me

True. It doesnt hurt them. But if they can keep t to a minimal with Flat rides that are themed no problem.

I always thought of Universal as attractions worth seeing that you can't do have the same experience at your everyday fair or funspot.

For years that's how Universal has been in my mind. I hope that doesnt change because they want to rush which I hope they dont.

P.S. I Ride Kang and Kudos everytime I go there but I won't ride Dumbo. I'm 23 years of age with no kids, but the theme is incredible! Love it.

Hope Springfield can get another ride. My whole reason wanting Animal Actors to disappear or MIB. That area would be nice with 3 or 4 attractions.

This is good news. I mean, as fast as Transformers was built, it really would be close to impossible to keep up construction rates that quickly for five to ten years. Transformers is a clone at the end of the day, and since most of it is 3-D screens with the projections already developed, obviously not every ride was going to be made that quickly unless quality was going to suffer. Two years to build a brand new attraction with much more detail sounds a lot more reasonable, and I dont mind waiting another year for it to be done right. I would much rather have fully-developed rides and wait for them rather than more of the same (riders in trouble, evacuate, grab 3-D glasses) every year.

This is assuming, of course, that there actually is a better show in the works, and thats not just a clever spin on "we're running into delays".

I guess you haven't heard of the FJ Rockwork specialty drink and souvenir store then?

I tell you what I would like to see for the 25th...a better looking park entrance...that's really all I want

True. It doesnt hurt them. But if they can keep t to a minimal with Flat rides that are themed no problem.

I always thought of Universal as attractions worth seeing that you can't do have the same experience at your everyday fair or funspot.

For years that's how Universal has been in my mind. I hope that doesnt change because they want to rush which I hope they dont.

P.S. I Ride Kang and Kudos everytime I go there but I won't ride Dumbo. I'm 23 years of age with no kids, but the theme is incredible! Love it.

Hope Springfield can get another ride. My whole reason wanting Animal Actors to disappear or MIB. That area would be nice with 3 or 4 attractions.

I've only ridden Kang and Kodos once but I like to hang out near the ride so I can hear the hilarious spiel beforehand. Some of the funniest lines I've ever heard around the park.

If they ever put another flat ride somewhere, then I just hope it will be something a tad more thrilling, like a music express or a tilt-a-whirl.

I'm actauly scaling back on my Kong vote. Just due to Skull Island coming in 2016 but if it comes for the holidays next year then dear god it would be very interesting if they tie it in to the upcoming film.

Kong May 2016

For 2015 for the 25th Anniversary, we will probably get a Museum with a blue sky/upcoming section (maybe with the Skull Island model). Cinematic Spectacular redo. Parade upgrade. And some kind of EPIC night time water pageant for IOA that makes Fantasmic! look like Mickey Mouse stuff.

Kong May 2016

For 2015 for the 25th Anniversary, we will probably get a Museum with a blue sky/upcoming section (maybe with the Skull Island model). Cinematic Spectacular redo. Parade upgrade. And some kind of EPIC night time water pageant for IOA that makes Fantasmic! look like Mickey Mouse stuff.

I could see the first 3. I'm not holding my breath on the IoA show, but we can only hope.

Kong May 2016

Now that was worth logging in for.

Interesting news, thanks for sharing :thumbs:

IOA could certainly use a night show, they will have to go some to top fantasmics set though. Kong for early 2016 sounds sensible too and I do like the sound a of blue sky section in the museum. Both CS and he parade could use the love too.

All in all plenty to debate and plenty more look forward too.