2015 Project? | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

2015 Project?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What do you see coming in 2015?

• Total voters
Haha. I always thought we wouldn't get a 2015 attraction, but a hotel yeah. Maye we don't get anything in 2015. Not possible with it already being July.

Um... Transformers was built in less than one year. They can do it if they choose to do it. That said, they are going to require a ton of rock sculptors back on property to get it done. It is going to be a rock stupid project. That is directly from a sculptor of the model in sound stage 23.

Um... Transformers was built in less than one year. They can do it if they choose to do it. That said, they are going to require a ton of rock sculptors back on property to get it done. It is going to be a rock stupid project. That is directly from a sculptor of the model in sound stage 23.

Yeah but Transformers was a Clone. This rumored Kong attraction isn't.

The Kong ride will use technology seen before though, unlike Gringotts. It's supposed to be GMR meets 360 from Hollywood. If they're getting work done offsite it is possible to open in 2015. But It wouldn't surprise me if they are getting setbacks.

It's the 25th anniversary of USF. We're going to get SOMETHING whether it's in the form of nighttime shows, parade, or museum, etc. Kong being a part of it remains to be seen.

Doubt what? That we'll get anything?

Well they did say one new attraction every year, so in that sense I'm likely wrong.
At the same time, unless there is a speedy construction happening, I can't see a ride esp an E ticket of any kind happening before September of 2015 but we all know thats not how UNI opens their attractions.

Last edited:
Well they did say one new attraction every year, so in that sense I'm likely wrong.
At the same time, unless there is a speedy construction happening, I can't see a ride esp an E ticket of any kind happening before September of 2015 but we all know thats not how UNI opens there attractions.
They were quoted saying that they realize it is the 25th anniversary next year and they have stuff planned and announcements...I would guarantee something is coming

Honestly how fitting would it be to have Kong return for the 25th year? I can almost guarantee you that the thought has definitely crossed their mind.

Can you imagine the staple of the resort when it opened returning for a grand anniversary?

[HASHTAG]#money[/HASHTAG]

The choice was get a ride open in 2015, or get a better ride. They chose the latter.

We'll see if anything else materializes for next year. Considering Tom Williams's comments, I would assume we'll get something fun.

The choice was get a ride open in 2015, or get a better ride. They chose the latter.

We'll see if anything else materializes for next year. Considering Tom Williams's comments, I would assume we'll get something fun.

Do you happen to know what "better ride" means? A better ride vehicle or a better ride show? I cannot imagine they are going to modify the general ride path at this point, yet stranger things have happened.

Do you happen to know what "better ride" means? A better ride vehicle or a better ride show? I cannot imagine they are going to modify the general ride path at this point, yet stranger things have happened.

Probably both, It's cool universal is doing this instead of making another rush job. Hopefully it'll come out early 2016 or something. Then again guys universal said an attraction every year not a ride. Maybe the museum (would be too perfect for the 25th) and possibly a flat ride or a crazy announcement. I'm sure we won't be empty handed

I don't know much details. Only that they could have built a ride that was ready for 2015, or one ready for 2016. I would imagine that means a better show considering they're getting ready to start real construction.

This is good news. I mean, as fast as Transformers was built, it really would be close to impossible to keep up construction rates that quickly for five to ten years. Transformers is a clone at the end of the day, and since most of it is 3-D screens with the projections already developed, obviously not every ride was going to be made that quickly unless quality was going to suffer. Two years to build a brand new attraction with much more detail sounds a lot more reasonable, and I dont mind waiting another year for it to be done right. I would much rather have fully-developed rides and wait for them rather than more of the same (riders in trouble, evacuate, grab 3-D glasses) every year.

This is assuming, of course, that there actually is a better show in the works, and thats not just a clever spin on "we're running into delays".

Well is 2 years for a ride that crazy to begin with? To my knowledge the haunted mansion took a decade to make in Disneyland and tons of other rides have gotten the same shtick too. This isn't too bad of a wait whatsoever

Well is 2 years for a ride that crazy to begin with? To my knowledge the haunted mansion took a decade to make in Disneyland and tons of other rides have gotten the same shtick too. This isn't too bad of a wait whatsoever

Haunted Mansion was a dormant building for like 8 of those years because they couldnt decide what to put in it...construction didnt actually last 10 years, it just took a whole lot of development. 2 years for a new ride seems to be about normal for a well-themed and new attraction assuming all the R&D for the tech is done. I knew there would be no way to keep up the insane construction pace used for Transformers for as long as they were projected to; TF *should* have been a relatively quick and easy installation, not the bar by which to measure all other projects up against.