2015 Project? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

2015 Project?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What do you see coming in 2015?

• Total voters
Kong has already broken ground (or at least clearing it) . Construction crews working on Diagon had the contract extended so they could jump straight over to Kong. It seems like the safe bet for 2015.

This always seems like an urban legend to me, as no one ever seems to have any details about it.

What I know is that the info comes from the book Universal Orlando: The unofficial story. It describes that the time capsule was buried opening day of USF June 7th 1990 and it was to be unearthed 25 years later, in 2015

25 years does't seem long for a time capsule.

A time cpsule would give a glimpse into the past, looking back after 100 years would be much more interesting. Granted the likely hood of any of us being around then would be nothing short of a miracle but wouldn't that be the point?

As for what the 2015 offerings could be, Kong was favourite but it is looking likely to be a quiet year, quiet by Uni standards anyway. Saying that they could well have something up their sleves that no one has gotten a sniff of. Either way it sure is fun times ahead.

I would assume it is buried underneath the golden arches... that is the parks original icon to my knowledge.

Hmm. Possibly! Don't forget, the archway was demolished and repositioned/rebuilt when they expanded and built CityWalk.

It's just weird, because I worked there quite a while back in the 90s-00's and I know that park like the back of my hand -- I never heard anyone ever mention a time capsule (besides the Nickelodeon one) and I never saw any indication that it's buried onstage or backstage anywhere… so I'm more just curious about this personally.

Knowing Universal's reputation during the opening years (i.e. a hot mess), the time capsule could just be something they threw into a press release to get some PR buzz but never actually did it. They probably had other priorities, like opening a park with no attractions that worked ;)

Reactions: natespf
25 years does't seem long for a time capsule.

A time cpsule would give a glimpse into the past, looking back after 100 years would be much more interesting. Granted the likely hood of any of us being around then would be nothing short of a miracle but wouldn't that be the point?

As for what the 2015 offerings could be, Kong was favourite but it is looking likely to be a quiet year, quiet by Uni standards anyway. Saying that they could well have something up their sleves that no one has gotten a sniff of. Either way it sure is fun times ahead.

You have to think though, universal accomplished ALOT in 25 years. Way more than MGM yet they are still celebrating that over there with cupcakes!!!!

I feel like kong is almost positive for 2015 and we could possibly get something like Simpsons (kidzone addition if they do it in phases?) whatever 2015 is gonna be tight

You have to think though, universal accomplished ALOT in 25 years. Way more than MGM yet they are still celebrating that over there with cupcakes!!!!

I feel like kong is almost positive for 2015 and we could possibly get something like Simpsons (kidzone addition if they do it in phases?) whatever 2015 is gonna be tight

Hmmm, actually something we havent thought about yet, a back expansion to simpsons with a new ride. still doubt that will happen tho

Hmmm, actually something we havent thought about yet, a back expansion to simpsons with a new ride. still doubt that will happen tho

no not for simpsons for just anything but make it like the simpsons expansion with a ton of new food options with possibly a flat ride. simpsons is pretty much finished

no not for simpsons for just anything but make it like the simpsons expansion with a ton of new food options with possibly a flat ride. simpsons is pretty much finished

Yes, I will forever be saddened that they could not come up with a deal for it's own island when IoA was built :'(

But we did get some amazing Simpsons stuff with the expansion :cheers:

Yes, I will forever be saddened that they could not come up with a deal for it's own island when IoA was built :'(

But we did get some amazing Simpsons stuff with the expansion :cheers:

Hell yeah we did :cheers: man what a awesome expansion. I hope more like it come to universal to brighten up dead areas (TOON LAGOON THEATER)

I don't know why people doubt Kong for 2015. The fact that Universal is already starting serious work over there tells you they are serious. They might not be able to get it done for summer, but I can easily see Universal getting it done by the end of 2015. They are setting a new bar for theme park construction.