2015 Project? | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

2015 Project?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What do you see coming in 2015?

• Total voters
I don't know why people doubt Kong for 2015. The fact that Universal is already starting serious work over there tells you they are serious. They might not be able to get it done for summer, but I can easily see Universal getting it done by the end of 2015. They are setting a new bar for theme park construction.

I must admit I am dubious for Kong in 2015, granted my doubts could and maybe should be dumfounded due to Uni's recent history. I see Kong as a different beast though. I mean transformers was built in a year but was a clone, Kong will be starting from scratch.

I suppose work could, and probably has, been going on off site for a while but I still see it as a big ask to have this open in a year to a year and a half. Hope I am prove wrong though. :kingkong:

I must admit I am dubious for Kong in 2015, granted my doubts could and maybe should be dumfounded due to Uni's recent history. I see Kong as a different beast though. I mean transformers was built in a year but was a clone, Kong will be starting from scratch.

I suppose work could, and probably has, been going on off site for a while but I still see it as a big ask to have this open in a year to a year and a half. Hope I am prove wrong though. :kingkong:

Well you never know, of they built diagon in 2 years (giant land with tons of shops, new rides and detail) then I don't see why they can't build one brand new ride in a year. Yeah it's a big ask but as duffles said, if they just took half the crew for diagon this thing could break transformers records

Rumors.... Here you go

Taken from Twitter! not mine!

@parkscope_sean: So there's a rumor making the rounds. We've been asked to keep quiet about it. That is all.

@HTF: If I shared what I just heard the community would go crazy. [HASHTAG]#future[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#wow[/HASHTAG]

Unfortunately we can't

Spurs Vs Miami...
GOT is back tonight...
And now we hear that something amazing is coming and but we cant know what it is!

What an emotional week :drama:

Hopefully they share this information in the "a look into the future" or whatever it is during the DA press conference in june

List of things that would blow my mind and make me go crazy as HTF describes:

1. LOTR has been confirmed and they are putting it in the expansion pad being MIB
2. They are creating our version of Japan with a godzilla and F&F ride in the MIB expansion Pad
3. Disney has given Uni the themeparks rights for marvel and are allowing UC to build more marvel rides
4. Expansion construction begins in 2-3 years
5. They decide to go with the egyptian themed hotel (super deluxe)
6. They are going to build a new land over the lake in IOA
7. They are going to buy seaworld and fix it up, have a monorail system between Seaworld, wonder sea (current WNW) and UOResort
8. DC land is coming, gotham city will be in Kidzone and they turn current NY into egypt (look at USS)

Last edited:
There is a project "ring" and it does have a project number. Unfortunately, I was handed two newer project numbers and I am not sure which one goes with what. The Ring number is either 720 or 228. I have no idea what the other number is all about.

There is a project "ring" and it does have a project number. Unfortunately, I was handed two newer project numbers and I am not sure which one goes with what. The Ring number is either 720 or 228. I have no idea what the other number is all about.

Oh, snap!

It probably won't be happening in 2015, but it could be what HTF / Parkscope have been hinting at...

Just when I thought we knew too much about the future you guys do it again. Jesus your hints make me too excited and thank you all for the info

Heres what I hope of the timeline of USO for the next few years..

Late June 2014: Diagon Alley

Early Spring 2015: Citywalk Part II

Summer 2015: Jurassic Park Additions (New Restraunt/Family Coaster)

Fall 2015: King Kong 360

Spring 2016: New Hotel

Summer 2016: KidsZone overhaul

Fall 2016: Closure of Toon Lagoon

Spring 2017: Disaster! Overhaul /

Summer 2018: Waterpark

Spring 2019: Project "Ring" in Toon Lagoon

Thats mine as it'd make some sense due to the parks are getting bigger and bigger and that does it.

This is probably a stupid question, but since people keep mentioning it, does anyone know what a "CityWalk part 2" would actually entail? Would it be more restaurants/stores replacing existing ones, like we're getting now? Or would it be something all-new in some unused plot of land that I've never noticed all these years...?

This is probably a stupid question, but since people keep mentioning it, does anyone know what a "CityWalk part 2" would actually entail? Would it be more restaurants/stores replacing existing ones, like we're getting now? Or would it be something all-new in some unused plot of land that I've never noticed all these years...?

lol I thought what is going on now is city walk II, I guess the replacement of NBA city and nascar? I'm not a city walk guy but with all the new awesome indie restaurants I'll definitely become one

I think it would probably be NBA city, The food court, and the top side of city walk rennovations. However fat tuesdays, bob marley and the irish place would stay. Red coconut and groove could probably use replacements

I know nothing about Lord of the Rings, FWIW

So that cancels it, I feel like universal made that codename to trick us and it worked. All your hints act like it's bigger though, especially hate's comment on twitter saying it'll get "mixed thoughts" when announced. Possibly the replacement of a loved ride like jaws? We might be saying bye to MIB soon in that case :yikes:

Last edited:

There aren't any unused plots of land in CityWalk, now that the mini-golf is there. The only thing left is a storage area between Fat Tuesday's and Pat O'Brien's that has always been referred to as "future space".

There aren't any unused plots of land in CityWalk, now that the mini-golf is there. The only thing left is a storage area between Fat Tuesday's and Pat O'Brien's that has always been referred to as "future space".

Another space that could be available is the stage area between Vivo and the Universal Store. Now that they have a new stage in the waterfront that actually gets a lot of use, I wonder if it's time for this other older stage to go in favor of a new store. Maybe the rumored Wonka candy store, which would be a hit and something like it is missing in CW after the removal of Katie's Candy Co. Btw, credit of the Wonka idea goes to Disneyhead and the OU podcast guys who discussed this in one of the recent episodes; I'm just suggesting the location of the old CW stage :thumbs: