2017 Holidays at Universal - New Wizarding World Holidays | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

2017 Holidays at Universal - New Wizarding World Holidays

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So far I haven’t really seen any boughs. That’s the name I gave garlands that are thick in the middle and taper at the ends - no idea if it’s the correct term.

Those take a lot of work and have to be hung just right.

A normal garland or wreath is just a basic piece you order in the foliage style you like and then add those sprigs you find in the craft/floral section of stores. Cut them up and wire them in.

Universal seems to still avoid ornaments - I can see why. They break. Guests steal them. Imagine if they had Potter ornaments on exterior trees and lightposts - zero chance they’d have ornaments by the end of the month. The example that springs to mind is the lamppost wraps at the UK pavilion. They’re covered in ornaments that are wooden toys - toy soldiers, etc... At the end of the season some have none left on them.

My one big concern is the use of LED lights - more particularly the lack of tinted LED lights to mimic incadescents. If Hogwarts is lit in warm lights (like the concept art) the actual lights won’t match.

Anywho - just to toss this out there because people on the internet get upset whenever I talk with an air of authority - do you like the look of the Christmas decor on Jock Lindsay’s Hangar Bar? Well, you’re welcome. I made most of that by hand.

They will. Either one of those garlands is backwards, or someone switched the sides, or they just haven’t run electric yet. Garlands tend to have a male plug on one end and a female on the other. If they get put up backwards or switched when in pairs one can’t get power until it’s fixed.

Side note: They’ve been repainting all the snow as they go along as well.
Good, I was worried they were going to light half since it's been that way for a while

Ornaments also are a hassle when you put them away as they fall off and such

That and people would be pulling them off probably

I was expecting the magic tree from USJ, perhaps that has yet to come out?

Good, I was worried they were going to light half since it's been that way for a while

Ornaments also are a hassle when you put them away as they fall off and such

That and people would be pulling them off probably

I was expecting the magic tree from USJ, perhaps that has yet to come out?

Not sure how Universal works - but the decor is a crew who are dedicated to it. The electric is like 3 people assigned to it from the normal operations and everyone else during major install is wokring overtime shifts from their normal gigs.

So.. like i've said elsewhere, stuff may NEVER get plugged in or wired right, but it's not usually obvious stuff. Moreso a wreath on a gate on a fake building no one actually ever enters at AK for example. Also if it was ever on and went out, a work order needs to be called in to do it. Since it's never been there before, most TMs probably dont know the process for getting it fixed if it broke.

They'll very likely have a walkthrough and sign off before media event, so we're still at the work-in-progress point.

I don’t understand the hate for the new parade idea- in particular if it just adds to what they had.

Personally, I Preferred the Macy’s parade to Disney’s any day of the week- and I have little kids. My only fear is that they actually get more like Disney’s and remove some of the other floats and people walking. But if it’s basjcally taking what they had and adding- how could anyone not want that? Macy’s was already a long parade.

Santa, balloons and rockettes- all in front of New York. I couldn’t ask for a better parade as is. So here’s hoping for even further improvement.
I have no hate for it, i'm just not a parade guy, so to me it's just a plussed up parade.

Although having seen it now, the floats are very intricate and interesting and the balloons are a lot less bland, so it will definitely be something that is very enjoyable to families at the very least.

I've never said I hate this, I just simply am ambivalent to parades.

Reactions: Andysol
I have no hate for it, i'm just not a parade guy, so to me it's just a plussed up parade.

Although having seen it now, the floats are very intricate and interesting and the balloons are a lot less bland, so it will definitely be something that is very enjoyable to families at the very least.

I've never said I hate this, I just simply am ambivalent to parades.

I didn’t mean you- I was piggybacking off what you said to those that were seeming to dislike the change ;)

Reactions: Nick
Not sure how Universal works - but the decor is a crew who are dedicated to it. The electric is like 3 people assigned to it from the normal operations and everyone else during major install is wokring overtime shifts from their normal gigs.

So.. like i've said elsewhere, stuff may NEVER get plugged in or wired right, but it's not usually obvious stuff. Moreso a wreath on a gate on a fake building no one actually ever enters at AK for example. Also if it was ever on and went out, a work order needs to be called in to do it. Since it's never been there before, most TMs probably dont know the process for getting it fixed if it broke.

They'll very likely have a walkthrough and sign off before media event, so we're still at the work-in-progress point.
I'll plug it in if it's not turned on

:whistle:

EDIT: Hollywood has gotten the confirmation of Pyro, and I have no doubts that Orlando will also have pyrotechnics for the show at this point.
I doubt it, it is kind of difficult to do pyro with the main road backed up to Islands

If there is pyro, then we most likely not getting the show the Yule Ball projection show that debuted at USJ the other night. Which makes this more interesting.

If there is pyro, then we most likely not getting the show the Yule Ball projection show that debuted at USJ the other night. Which makes this more interesting.

Funny you mention that...

EDIT:

I am going to put these next few tweets as spoilers. From Bio..

Last edited: