Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2018 Holidays at Universal Orlando

I wonder if this is more of a beginning of a..gradual shift, focusing first on the show quality of environments and characters in design, and then if The Grinch proves itself successful..well, changing it to be more alike the Illumination version on story for next year.

It'd make sense, as I imagine they know that they could do things to just..test the waters.

I am a bit bummed by the slight downgrade of the portion that seems to be Mount Crumpit..but, I do love a lot of the Whoville set upgrades.

I also love that it's more confined though on the set. Interested to see how it reacts with the actors especially.

From looking at the 2017 video, it seems the Whos featured for Media Night, didn't get an update. I am curious to see if they updated Cindy, but I'm going to be..hesitant for now. At-least for the second, Martha Who is nowhere to be seen (thank god).

Going to go through the show from last year, and see if the song previewed was..from last year (because I suspect it's not).

Edit: Just went through, the song from Media Night, is a completely new song. So unless if they did something..special for Media Night, they may of changed some of the sections of the show, on-top of the scenic.

Last edited:
Not liking no Crumpet.....Old set seemed wider as well. Times change I guess. Given the reduced size I'll bet the show cast is smaller as well.

Couple more bits:

• Word used a lot at the media preview was "tradition".
  • Stellar themed food line-up, prob better than HHN. I love that they are really focusing on that aspect of events now as well.
  • As stated, Grinchmas will be a new show with an updated set, costumes, and songs/plot.
  • Though not shown tonight, we are under impression Orlando will also get snow in Hogsmeade.

Really excited to go to the event Friday night. Did not get to see the Hogwarts lights last season and should get some grinch stuff also.

Going to go through the show from last year, and see if the song previewed was..from last year (because I suspect it's not).

Edit: Just went through, the song from Media Night, is a completely new song. So unless if they did something..special for Media Night, they may of changed some of the sections of the show, on-top of the scenic.
So... I finally watched the video with the Whos singing "Santa Come Down."

That arrangement of that song has been sung by the Caroling Company in Orlando for decades. Literally decades. I was singing that arrangement with them when I was in the sixth grade. Especially during the 90s, any "strolling carolers" around Orlando (including the ones at Epcot) came from Caroling Company.

The organization, itself, is made up of a lot of theme park performers who sing with the Caroling Company for extra money. One of the original Blues Brothers at Universal was part of the company. I'm curious if those Whos are Carolers or if they're just using (what is admittedly) a fairly common arrangement.

Last edited:
Any noticeable changes from last year?

Other than a few characters missing, not really; but that missing characters may have just been a one-off.

I WILL NOT ACCEPT A PARADE WITHOUT THE TOY ROBOT!

Where is the info on the food offerings?

We'll be posting more soon.

I perfer the shaggy old look for the Grinch. Did it snowfall in Hogsmeade or is that just Hollywood?

It didn't snow last night. The snow has only been officially announced for Hollywood, but I was told it may also come over here.

The issue I heard was our pathways get too slippery in the snoap. Hopefully they get that worked out.

And Toy Robot is the Star!!! Can’t have the parade without him!!!

So I'm guessing these holiday treats are going to be found at the bakeries around the park? Eyeing that Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake!