2023 Holidays at Universal Orlando (Nov 17 - Dec 31) | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

2023 Holidays at Universal Orlando (Nov 17 - Dec 31)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The Grinch is around a 150 minute wait. I think they need to rethink the Meet and Greet, it’s just so popular.

Could a multiple room, multiple performer version work?

I'm glad they got rid of the virtual queue nonsense, at least. Let's be honest about the wait and let people queue if they want to.

They definitely need to find a place for a second chamber, though I'm not sure off the top of my head where it could go.

This is also a thorny subject, but it's worth pointing out - last year, guest assistance passes were honored for the Grinch meet and greet, which slowed the actual queue to a crawl. There were periods where I waited fifteen minutes without movement (I ultimately bailed) due to groups with a guest assistance pass showing up one after the other and being immediately admitted. If that's continuing this year, I think an alternative needs to be worked out.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
USH is having it's second location for the first time this year (only for APs but should still split people up)

While yes, if people want to wait then sure......I think Universal needs to get better with popular meet and greets

You Grinch should have two spots or at least one line with two rooms one with a Grinch and same for Mario/Luigi.

Should also point out - first day #firsts. Let’s see how the line is next weekend.

The Grinch has gone so viral on social media, tik tok, etc.

I can’t imagine demand will lessen much, especially with the limited guest capacity. Of course, FOMO and limited capacity can be a big sell.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I'm glad they got rid of the virtual queue nonsense, at least. Let's be honest about the wait and let people queue if they want to.

They definitely need to find a place for a second chamber, though I'm not sure off the top of my head where it could go.

This is also a thorny subject, but it's worth pointing out - last year, guest assistance passes were honored for the Grinch meet and greet, which slowed the actual queue to a crawl. There were periods where I waited fifteen minutes without movement (I ultimately bailed) due to groups with a guest assistance pass showing up one after the other and being immediately admitted. If that's continuing this year, I think an alternative needs to be worked out.
Interesting they let them in, they are supposed to give a return time and they come back later. You technically are supposed to wait the same amount of time just not in line.

Interesting they let them in, they are supposed to give a return time and they come back later. You technically are supposed to wait the same amount of time just not in line.

It's possible they did receive a return time and come back later, but the problem remains the same: Because only one group can meet with The Grinch at a time, the line will not move at all if multiple groups with access passes arrive within five to ten minutes of each other.

Reactions: Victoria
I mean this in the best way possible, the parade feels a bit more... Mardi Gras-esque, this year? There were little to no changes to the actual parade itself, but just the vibes felt much more glittery and Mardi Gras-y. I love it!

Also saw Grinchmas for the first time in a few years, forgot how great and just cute the show is.

I'm a bit surprised I haven't seen any comments on the Grinch Breakfast. It's no longer a Buffet/All You Can Eat. Downgraded to a 1 plate entree & 1 drink. $59.99

Having 2 toddlers, the buffet is super clutch as you never know what food they will eat that day. As well as you can eat a larger breakfast to cover lunch time as well.

We were planning on doing this, but the cost feels a bit high with the changes.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I'm a bit surprised I haven't seen any comments on the Grinch Breakfast. It's no longer a Buffet/All You Can Eat. Downgraded to a 1 plate entree & 1 drink. $59.99

Having 2 toddlers, the buffet is super clutch as you never know what food they will eat that day. As well as you can eat a larger breakfast to cover lunch time as well.

We were planning on doing this, but the cost feels a bit high with the changes.
I believe it has to do with the location change.

Also - as of noon, the Grinch wait is 60.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Comments like this come off as completely insensitive to single out people with disabilities and blaming them for long lines. And you did it twice. That was no accident. What are you trying to suggest? That they shouldn't accommodate people with special needs? It's absolutely disgusting to me that anyone would make such heinous comments like this. Discourse like this has no place here. Disabled people are not responsible for longer waits. Period. I'm amaze that these comments weren't moderated. How insensitive!!! It is NEVER ok to single out a special needs group like this. You should have your moderator privileges revoked and immediately removed from staff.

Blaming disabled people has to stop. As a person with invisible disabilities I can't believe that a member of staff would make such comments. I'm not letting this go until apologies are made an appropriate action taken. Disabled people aren't the reason that lines are long. They're not even in the top 100 reasons.