Alien: Romulus (2024) | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Alien: Romulus (2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not a ton but there's a few, yeah.
Although I know the vfx was purposely made to look like miniatures in a lot of shots. That was the goal.
I'd definitely say that is the highest mark.

The level of immersive atmosphere that is dripping due to how the VFX teams handled things did make it a genuine highlight; gave me heavy James Cameron 80's vibes in how landscapes and environments were done (and I mean that as a genuine compliment).

Visually the film was stunning. The score was great. The cinematography was top tier. I thought the movie took way too long to feel like it had finally begun and then too long to decide when to end. The second act was very good, however.

I was there with a group of six people in total and not one of us actually said we thought it was any better than mediocre, unfortunately. That’s pretty much where I am. I certainly didn’t hate it and thought there was a lot of interesting things there, but the execution wasn’t quite.

I know they were real sets, it just looked like they added some CGI gloss to them.
Ah. Maybe that was just the color grading making you think that? We definitely did not add any CG gloss to them.
I'd definitely say that is the highest mark.

The level of immersive atmosphere that is dripping due to how the VFX teams handled things did make it a genuine highlight; gave me heavy James Cameron 80's vibes in how landscapes and environments were done (and I mean that as a genuine compliment).
Glad to hear you thought it looked good! It was a ton of work but a lot of fun to be a part of.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush