Alligator Drags 2 Year old into water at Grand Floridian resort. | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Alligator Drags 2 Year old into water at Grand Floridian resort.

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: UniversalCityFL
Not to be funny but like funions and gummy bears? The typical tourist crap people buy.
Alligators love marshmallows, any kind from the big fluffy ones to the ones in lucky charms. But yes they will eat just about anything. There are quite a few oddities that have been found inside alligators ranging from golf balls to keys... even license plates.

Reactions: Scott W.
At the 2 min mark, kids are playing in the water. Every 10 feet there should be a sign. The problem is that they make it look like a beach. Thats like giving someone a cupcake with plastic sprinkles.

In the video you can also see what is probably the second biggest problem. The grass is super thick right after the first foot or so. It's just asking to be used as an ambush spot.

Still don't think this is entirely Disney's fault though. I do think they should put up signs and clear out the grass from the banks, but there is no way to stop people from feeding the alligators.

Alligators love marshmallows, any kind from the big fluffy ones to the ones in lucky charms. But yes they will eat just about anything. There are quite a few oddities that have been found inside alligators ranging from golf balls to keys... even license plates.

How would they ever get marshmallows out their teeth if they got stuck with those little arms?

They even got Chubb's hand.

Reactions: MrRoamer
And now... WDW is adding fences to the beaches and new signs. I believe this is called, "locking the barn after the horse is gone".
One of the videos, I don't know if it was here or somewhere else, showed a gator climbing a fence with no trouble. Never knew they could do that.

And now... WDW is adding fences to the beaches and new signs. I believe this is called, "locking the barn after the horse is gone".
Fences will only be more "Security Theater" like at the front gate of the parks right now. These will do nothing if a Gator is determined enough or is comfortable enough with Humans. Gators can climb as well.

I Think they've took Louie out of the new castle show, I'm just youtubing it now, no sign of him in the Princess & the Frog section and Goofy is there doing a dance which seems to fit Louie better. Good move at the moment. People don't want to be reminded about what's gone on.

Its a shame that the fence is going so far up the beach, I can't say I expected it to be that dramatic of a change. That said what do they do for the poly bungalows?
They need to educate the people in the Bungalows by telling them upon check-in not to feed the wildlife and installing signs on the balcony. To really make sure no one feeds the wildlife, you say that there will be a large fine if you are caught feeding wildlife.

Creatures to seriously avoid and never touch in central Florida.

alligators
alligator snapping turtles (huge and scarier than an alligator to me)
snapping turtles (they can lunge and hop at you)
armadillos (deadly bacteria)
snakes of most any kind (many are poisonous)
spiders (a few are poisonous)

what have I missed?

Status
Not open for further replies.