Alligator Drags 2 Year old into water at Grand Floridian resort. | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Alligator Drags 2 Year old into water at Grand Floridian resort.

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They need to educate the people in the Bungalows by telling them upon check-in not to feed the wildlife and installing signs on the balcony. To really make sure no one feeds the wildlife, you say that there will be a large fine if you are caught feeding wildlife.

How big of a fine? I mean, we're talking about $2000+ a night room rate.

I think the fence is more to keep people away from the edge of the water than it is to keep Alligators off the beach. I imagine the theory is that if people are not at the edge of the water there is less of a chance of a gator snatching a kid and running away. The fence would also make it harder for them to drag them back into the water, which is what they want to do.

I disagree as I believe that northerners and mid-westerner's can get a better idea of what not to do when they visit Florida from this website. But that is up to Bri I guess...

And yay, disney did put snakes warnings on there waterfront signs.

Reactions: RevFreako
CNN just said the fencing is temporary while they figure out a long term solution. They'll also be informing CMs and guests on Alligators more from here forward.

CNN just said the fencing is temporary while they figure out a long term solution. They'll also be informing CMs and guests on Alligators more from here forward.
Yeah, I can't see them doing fencing at all of the resorts. Just as an example, it would ruin the ambiance of Caribbean Beach & Coronado, so much fencing would be required. It would look like a minimum security prison.

Yeah... don't do that. Go to Typhoon Lagoon or Volcano Bay, please please please.

The sad thing is the parents were truly lulled into a sense of safety by the resort. Those lounge chairs, the movie nights, the little shovels and buckets for kids to play in the sand? It all screamed to parents " this is a safe place for your children" I hate that my first thought was to blame the parents. Now days later, I feel guilty for thinking that way. After hearing how the beach is set up for people to use by Disney.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I just have a bit of a problem with being so close to swamp water at 9:30PM. I am not a father but I would not even do that on my own... We live on top of a swamp, literally!!! plenty of weird bugs and wildlife everywhere. No Thanks, I rather drive to the beach, or find a pool (although check for alligator as well there) it is not rare to go out to the pool area and surprise!!! gator using your pool without permission! So tourist, during day time you can carefully explore nature but night time stay close to where all humans are please.

One thing to remember:

There is a different mindset between those with children, and those without; and that is something you cannot understand until you have a child.

Everyone shared an opinion on the matter, and it is not wrong - but there is a certain point where it probably does not need to be continued. It's been a really tough week in Orlando, and emotions are running high. We're going to keep this thread locked for the time being. For those looking to find more information about the dangers of wildlife in Florida, I believe there is plenty enough information here so they can be aware and cautious during a visit near bodies of water/swamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.