What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Antojitos Coming to CityWalk (USH)

Antojitos in Orlando sucks. I can't see it lasting too long with the abundance of real, delicious, and most importantly a lot less expensive Mexican food in Southern California than what Antojitos (if it is a true port of Orlando's version) is offering. Why would the average LA County or OC Resident or even slightly informed tourist eat here? Seems like a misstep to me but that's just personal opinion.

Antojitos in Orlando sucks. I can't see it lasting too long with the abundance of real, delicious, and most importantly a lot less expensive Mexican food in Southern California than what Antojitos (if it is a true port of Orlando's version) is offering. Why would the average LA County or OC Resident or even slightly informed tourist eat here? Seems like a misstep to me but that's just personal opinion.

I enjoy it, but it does sound better than what it is replacing which is a positive step.

^^Convenience. I mean, I didn't really think Camacho's was all that great either, but it generally seemed pretty busy.

But if you're already on USH property, are you likely to go back to your car, drive and leave, park and eat, then drive back and attempt to park again just to get a better meal? The average park guest won't, it's too out of the way, so may as well at least give them more options.

Antojitos in Orlando sucks.

Hard disagree

Right. As someone who is married to a Mexican and whose mother-in-law makes homemade tamales in my kitchen, Antojitos is more than serviceable. While Texas and California will have better Mexican restaurants; for Orlando, it’s pretty damn good and far from “sucking”.

The Mar y Tierra was excellent.

I would imagine that in California they will hire a chef that could make it more authentic. Yes, there is always cheaper food of any type outside of a theme park, but that will always be the case.

With the band, big drinks, guacamole etc. this is not a bad place. If you want to eat outside the property, go for it.

Camacho signs finally removed. Construction continues
GlKS5XX.jpg

PJw0YNQ.jpg

Ayuccme.jpg

ldzbl4G.jpg

Main sign has lights on and the are working on the infrastructure for a sign over the entrance.
I've been told late August. Just kidding. I just love posts where we give dates, and don't back it up with any facts or proof. :fight:

This is an internet forum not a court of law. Facts and proof are highly overrated in these parts. Believe it or not it is what I heard. YMMV

Ayuccme.jpg

ldzbl4G.jpg

Main sign has lights on and the are working on the infrastructure for a sign over the entrance.

This is an internet forum not a court of law. Facts and proof are highly overrated in these parts. Believe it or not it is what I heard. YMMV

Exactly why I indicated to you I was kidding. Maybe you did hear it. Not questioning it. It just falls in line with the JW opening with all the stories everyone heard of when it would open.

I hope this opens soon. Looking forward to trying it.

I mean, aside from announcement someone found about them hiring bartenders for a possible August opening (and even that info I took on faith from the online community; I didn't see the document for myself), speculation and hearsay is practically all we have. In a strange way, this opening date is nearly more mysterious and unknown that JW was. So we gotta grasp at whatever we have with a grain of salt.

I mean, aside from announcement someone found about them hiring bartenders for a possible August opening (and even that info I took on faith from the online community; I didn't see the document for myself), speculation and hearsay is practically all we have. In a strange way, this opening date is nearly more mysterious and unknown that JW was. So we gotta grasp at whatever we have with a grain of salt.

Interesting you mention that because as of July 9, all positions at Antojitos are being advertised and the applications close July 30. So August seems acceptable for an opening.