Are Shows Universal? | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Are Shows Universal?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I still thought the show was fun. Absolutely terrifying (you can find me hiding behind any object taking me out of direct line of sight)... but it looked like people enjoyed it and was good for a laugh.

Sorry this is my first post and I found this forum from the UO Passholders site. I've been lurking for a while now though.

One of the guys I went to high school with is one of the rotating members of this group. If you didn't know, they've been performing at Universal and Disney Springs. They'll be Disney exclusive from now on.

Sorry this is my first post and I found this forum from the UO Passholders site. I've been lurking for a while now though.

One of the guys I went to high school with is one of the rotating members of this group. If you didn't know, they've been performing at Universal and Disney Springs. They'll be Disney exclusive from now on.
Welcome to the OU Forums. :cheers:

Yes that is what I am hearing. Not sure I fully believe this one will actually occur (at least not until next year) but thought it was interesting and it would give the studios something to counter Grinchmas in IOA even if its just a street show.
I could see it as a small street show or maybe tree lighting type thing or something. I don't really see it as a counter to Grinchmas.

Just an update: NBCUniversal Stage Productions the live theatrical side of Universal is putting a lot of money down to produce shows and buy shows with three opening on Broadway this month being Hello dolly, War Paint, and the Doll House 2. While also trying to produce musicals for The Sting, Animal House, It's Kind of a Funny Story, Pitch Perfect, and a new musical version of Oliver Twist. And securing and buying up even more off broadway and regional shows. This helps suggest that with the purpose of synergy, we may see some sort of preview in the parks of these shows or one of these becoming an exclusive for the parks.

Just an update: NBCUniversal Stage Productions the live theatrical side of Universal is putting a lot of money down to produce shows and buy shows with three opening on Broadway this month being Hello dolly, War Paint, and the Doll House 2. While also trying to produce musicals for The Sting, Animal House, It's Kind of a Funny Story, Pitch Perfect, and a new musical version of Oliver Twist. And securing and buying up even more off broadway and regional shows. This helps suggest that with the purpose of synergy, we may see some sort of preview in the parks of these shows or one of these becoming an exclusive for the parks.

USH was rumored for a good period of time to have Pitch Perfect replace SES in the past. I think it's highly possible, that out of any of the show's they would bring, it'd be PP.

USH was rumored for a good period of time to have Pitch Perfect replace SES in the past. I think it's highly possible, that out of any of the show's they would bring, it'd be PP.

I think it depends on NBCUniversal's goal. They would want to put something at the theme park that will entertain guest but also provide things they can sell from T-shirts/costumes/funny mugs with quotes. Also the acapella musical just released on broadway flopped badly. Well they may be working to produce a show for Pitch Perfect, I think other shows may have a much stronger chance.

Uh...... WTF? o_O:lol:

New in park Marilyn Show in works....possibly will use songs from Universal Stage Productions developing musical Bombshell seen on the show Smash which officially is back on due to the increased popularity of the tv show Smash and its VOD ratings.

Reactions: UNIrd and Mad Dog