Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Artegon Site for New Theme Park?

I agree with this, but it's worth noting those water parks often hit capacity. I don't think a new water park necessarily has to worry about stealing away market share to be successful. There is high demand for water parks, the only down side is there is a lot more off season time.

The Artegon structure is almost begging to house an indoor water park.

Hmm... if it was no, why not just say it. I want there to be something here but I doubt it.

Even if they have no interest what so ever, it will get people talking about them. People who only visit Orlando might look them up and decide that they really want to visit one of their parks (who wouldn't?)

The Artegon structure is almost begging to house an indoor water park.

I'd like to think if a water park is built and they want to attract the off season guests that they could build a sun roof for the water park.

An indoor water park would give them an advantage over all those other water parks, even Disney and Universal.

No doubt about it but given that it's warmer for longer than its cold, I think an indoor water park could be off putting for people in the warmer months.

I think Disney appreciate the colder months as it allows for maintence.

No doubt about it but given that it's warmer for longer than its cold, I think an indoor water park could be off putting for people in the warmer months.

Maybe partial indoor and partial outdoor would be good or perhaps a retractable roof. In any case I guess having the building there gives them a few options to explore.

If the Wisconsin dells can do it with over 20 waterparks indoor and outdoor concentrated in 15 miles of each other. Orlando should have no problem with an potentially 2 indoor waterparks as well.

Or it could provide an option for people who don't want to have to deal with the average hour or two of rain in the middle of the day everyday.

I'd be interested to see any market research done on this. I could also see an indoor water park being an attractive option for overly hot days.

I think a retractable roof in itself can be a giant draw. There's something cool about a giant building with a moving part. The other big benefit could be that if it's close to a residential area, it could keep the noise levels down too.

I liked the old Festival Bay. Artegon feels more like an indoor flea market.

It's marketed as a marketplace rather than a mall. I like it, instead of high dollar "fashion" for dummies it's a nice little mix of culture and business. Nobody will call it world class, but I enjoy spending time there once in a while. I don't think we need another theme park in that space and unless it's a company that can bring top quality and/or IPs to draw people it probably will just go out of business in a few years too since they won't compete with Universal and Disney. Six Flags isn't happening, they don't build parks. Cedar is extremely unlikely and I'm not sure a coaster junkie thrill park would thrive in Orlando. People don't come here for crazy coasters and thrills, they come for the top of the line theming and vacation experience.

I say give Artegon to Schlitterbahn to play with. Especially since it seems like the Fort Lauderdale site is caught in perpetual development hell.

I just checked and there are no dedicated exit and on ramps for this site. I suppose people living east could do Sand Lake or Oak Ridge
They are building a new overpass from that general area that will connect with Major Blvd. over by Universal as part of the I-4 Ultimate project, but unfortunately I don't think that includes any new interstate exits.

I say give Artegon to Schlitterbahn to play with. Especially since it seems like the Fort Lauderdale site is caught in perpetual development hell.

They are building a new overpass from that general area that will connect with Major Blvd. over by Universal as part of the I-4 Ultimate project, but unfortunately I don't think that includes any new interstate exits.

Schlitterbahn is in a lot of trouble with the congressman's kid getting decapitated on the slide. Last thing Orlando needs is news like that after this past summer.

Something to think about. Doesn't fit the rumor but it would make sense.

It could make sense even just as a tactic to keep someone else from developing a nearby competing resort. The land could then be sold off in small pieces and developed in to standard retail and restaurant to ensure no future development and probably even net a profit. Disney has essentially done the same with a lot of their outlying land probably with the same thought in mind.

It could make sense even just as a tactic to keep someone else from developing a nearby competing resort. The land could then be sold off in small pieces and developed in to standard retail and restaurant to ensure no future development and probably even net a profit. Disney has essentially done the same with a lot of their outlying land probably with the same thought in mind.
The property is so cheap Universal could sell it for a profit in a few years if they don't want it.

Yeah, it really only makes sense for Comcast to snatch this up. It's a valuable piece of land at an inexpensive price (for Comcast). Even if all they're buying it for (at the moment) is a defensive move to make sure no one else tries to pull any funny business, it's still a good move.

Yeah, it really only makes sense for Comcast to snatch this up. It's a valuable piece of land at an inexpensive price (for Comcast). Even if all they're buying it for (at the moment) is a defensive move to make sure no one else tries to pull any funny business, it's still a good move.
First rule to playing Monopoly, buy everything you land on even if you don't need it.;)