Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Attendance Tracker

I think after Pandora and the Banshee puppets which they couldn’t keep stocked fast enough, there’s no way they’re not going to have a few new high priced must have items.

It’s a tricky one though. They could upgrade the lightsabers but I see that being a massive logical, customer relations type nightmare. They’ve called it the most interactive land created, and there’s going to be things you need to buy to trigger this imo...which everyone will want. Might even incorporate it into the next film on purpose.

Some where JK Rowling is laughing to the bank about how well the wands worked out in these lands. It couldn't have been more perfectly crafted overall.

I'm starting to get a sneaking suspicion that the Star Wars hotel is going to be put on hold.

I think after Pandora and the Banshee puppets which they couldn’t keep stocked fast enough, there’s no way they’re not going to have a few new high priced must have items.

It’s a tricky one though. They could upgrade the lightsabers but I see that being a massive logical, customer relations type nightmare. They’ve called it the most interactive land created, and there’s going to be things you need to buy to trigger this imo...which everyone will want. Might even incorporate it into the next film on purpose.
The problem is, I can't think of something that could be the Star Wars equivalent of the interactive wands....There is no way to bottle and sell 'The Force'....Lightsabers just melt things at the end of the day haha

And food and bev will never come close to Potter. There's no food in the Star Wars Universe people are clamoring for. I'm sure they'll make fun food and drinks, but they'll never have anything as popular as Butterbeer.

Blue milk? The worst possible drink for a hot day and the worst possible colour for beverage. Making the Star Wars world so different to ours is part of it's charm but a nightmare for themed lands when it comes to sales.

Blue milk? The worst possible drink for a hot day and the worst possible colour for beverage. Making the Star Wars world so different to ours is part of it's charm but a nightmare for themed lands when it comes to sales.
My guess is blue milk won't actually be milk based. I could see them doing something similar to a virgin blue Hawaiian for it.

I did enjoy staying at Disney, it's a far better experience than staying off site, the buses are usually far quicker than driving and being able to drink in the parks is a nice bonus. The FP and ADR is a nice bonus too and I fear that it's now essential when visiting WDW to stay on site because of that but my biggest gripe besides the crazy pricing is just the size of WDW. It's great having all that space but it's overkill. That's why I started to feel trapped within Disney even though I could easily leave.

The best example I can think of is if you're in the MK and you leave at the end of the night and you're hungry. You don't have a lot of cheap options for food nor do you have the ability to get good food because the places within MK are all fully booked. So you go Disney Springs on a bus which can take 30mins or an hour depending on how busy it is and then you have the same issues all over again plus you have get a bus back to hotel.

Compare this to Universal where you leave the park and you're straight into CityWalk with a great selection of dining at reasonable prices plus all the quick service places on top of it. DL has the same set up and might actually be better because in 5mins you're out the bubble completely.

I can’t help but wonder if Disney cares about a potential attendance decrease.

It seems like Disney is slowly trying to shift their core clientele. Instead of going after middle class families, they’re going after upper-middle-class families with more disposable income.

That group of people is smaller, but they’ll pay more. Attendance will go down, revenue will go up. Since there’s less people in the park, the parks can be staffed less which means less expenses.

If that’s true, I don’t know what that would mean for Disney long term.

Is Universal not doing the same thing?

Is Universal not doing the same thing?

I believe Universal is trying to catch up to Disney's numbers by adding more on-site rooms, which will result in longer hours and eventually more things to do as attendance grows.

Disney, is cutting costs and increasing prices to justify having to build all the new stuff they are currently building because of a lack of improvements over the years.

Universal just has to be careful and play their cards right when they build their new resort. They can't build too much at the same time while forgetting about their current offerings, reason why Potter coaster and Kidzone replacement are so important once the new park opens.

I'm curious to see what Disney's plan is going to be with Brexit. With some of the details hopefully to be ironed out next week :lmao: Some annalists are predicting that the exchange rate could shoot up to $1.55 :lmao:

But let's just say this is what happens. Disney are selling their 14 day ticket at £420 for the standard 2 week park hopper ticket, at that exchange rate, you would be a £100 cheaper to buy at the gate.

Are Disney going to lower their prices or face the backlash if people discover that they've over payed considerably?

Edit: Jim Hill was saying recently, weeks ago (I don't know, I'm weeks behind on all my podcast listening) that 2019 could be the last year of 'free' Disney Dining.

After this weekend I’m inclined to believe the “attendance decline” is really just an “attendance shift” away from summer.

Doesn't take an expert to figure out why...either come in the summer and endure a heat index of >100, pay the premium summer tiered pricing, and enjoy no special event offerings, or come in the fall and enjoy a heat index of <90, pay (somewhat more) reasonably-tiered pricing, and enjoy special event offerings (F&W). Epcot is my favorite park when there's a festival going on, but when there isn't, it might be my least favorite.

After this weekend I’m inclined to believe the “attendance decline” is really just an “attendance shift” away from summer.

What parks did you visit out of interest?

Doesn't take an expert to figure out why...either come in the summer and endure a heat index of >100, pay the premium summer tiered pricing, and enjoy no special event offerings, or come in the fall and enjoy a heat index of <90, pay (somewhat more) reasonably-tiered pricing, and enjoy special event offerings (F&W). Epcot is my favorite park when there's a festival going on, but when there isn't, it might be my least favorite.

Spot on although I'm not racing back to Food and Wine any time soon. It will be interesting to see how things change when Epcot gets the new rides open.

Only the Uni ones, but others in the group went to multiple Disney parks and said it was insane

Maybe Universal are just better at handling bigger crowds or maybe having more than 4 rides in a park is also a huge benefit.

Off subject, but how could anyone park hop day after day for two weeks at WDW. I would tire of it after 4 days nonstop.

You don't but they advertise it as £30 a day and it sounds like a bargain.