Attendance Tracker | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

Attendance Tracker

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I am hoping that the new attractions helped Universal gain attendance this quarter. It might not be the gain they were hoping for with these rides opening but in this Orlando environment any gain is a good thing. It will look especially good against another WDW decline.

I wonder how the media will cover three quarters of WDW declines, not to mention the online Disney fan community.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I am hoping that the new attractions helped Universal gain attendance this quarter. It might not be the gain they were hoping for with these rides opening but in this Orlando environment any gain is a good thing. It will look especially good against another WDW decline.

I wonder how the media will cover three quarters of WDW declines, not to mention the online Disney fan community.
No one in the "legitimate" media has put together that WDW is flailing.

Yeah. All the news stories we've seen are months behind those attendance issues we've been discussing. They'd do better to just follow OU forum threads. :)....People should remember that Disneyhead was discussing this attendance shortfall on OU & Magic long before the mainstream media. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Galaxy Defender
The first quarterly decline was chalked up to the Iger revenue plan. Second decline was attributed largely to a shifting of Easter and everything that happened over the early summer. I think the third quarterly decline is when people see the pattern.

Last edited:
Just so you know, some at TDO thought that spiking prices was a really bad way to deal with capacity issues.

It worked...really well.

If WDW was kicking on all cylinders, they might have gotten away with it. People notice that it's held together by duct tape and about to blow apart at the seams.

OK, not so much recently, ;)

Yea, WDW struggling trims Universal's numbers, but I have to believe that Universal is OK with that. Universal is going to gain major market share.

I worry that politics will prevent any story ever being published. Disney is still a big cow in this pasture.

Yes they are and I don't want to see them fail. I like not paying state income tax. I would like to see them change their policies and not have the narrow view the customer is nothing but a walking wallet and the goal is to empty the wallet

Reactions: Mad Dog
I worry that politics will prevent any story ever being published. Disney is still a big cow in this pasture.
Financial analysts will pick up on it at some point. It will be all over the web then. They love the smell of blood in the water.
Jaws-anniversary-shark-pa.jpg

Reactions: SeventyOne
I had been thinking that the first time I ever saw long horn cattle in real life was when I first moved down to Kissimmee. Thus the use of pasture... (choo choo train of thought teebin)
off track a bit. When we were skiing in Vermont, we took a side trip north to the Vermont/Canadian border. They had those heavily haired type Scottish breed cattle up there. Like a scene out of medieval times.