Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Attendance Tracker

Oh I get that, but even for off-season I feel like it’s noticeably more empty than usual around this time of year.

I mean previously everyone was like “wow it’s finally the off season” and now that weak attendance is being discussed people are more sensitive to that fact.

I mean previously everyone was like “wow it’s finally the off season” and now that weak attendance is being discussed people are more sensitive to that fact.
I’m not sensitive to it; I love it!

But this whole thread is sort of a downer that for some reason looks down on lower crowds and criticizes Park Attendance every day.

I’m not so sure I get this thread and why people seemingly WANT to turn things into a negative thing or want to see negative results. It’s odd to me but you guys keep doing your thing.

But this whole thread is sort of a downer that for some reason looks down on lower crowds and criticizes Park Attendance every day.

I’m not so sure I get this thread and why people seemingly WANT to turn things into a negative thing or want to see negative results. It’s odd to me but you guys keep doing your thing.

I think people have kidded themselves into thinking that UOR slowing in growth and Disney possibly being down a bit means the parks will get cheaper.

News flash: They won't.

Uni is probably right where they want to be, in all honesty. 10 million guests a year at their theme parks is about their limit for guest satisfaction. Their hotels are continually getting 80-90% occupancy, and guest spending is still at a high level. Disney may be sweating things a bit more, but as long as per-guest spending remains high there's not going to be any significant action.

I think some people also think it means Uni will change their ways creatively. This will end up being a self-fulfilling prophecy, since (as many people in the know have said), that was already happening.

We're crowd shaming.

Oh I get that, but even for off-season I feel like it’s noticeably more empty than usual around this time of year.
I understand & agree with your point....Yes, Sept. is probably the slowest month for both WDW & Universal. but, during the previous 3 or 4 Septembers, the crowd calendars indicated that each Sept. attendance was getting better turnout, and attraction lines were longer than previously. But, looking at the 'observed' crowd levels (and yes, we all know that's not true attendance, only indicators), it looks like Sept. has returned to the 'really slow' crowds of pre 2013/2014. For whatever reasons, Sept. is back to the future Sept. again.

I think people have kidded themselves into thinking that UOR slowing in growth and Disney possibly being down a bit means the parks will get cheaper.

Uni is probably right where they want to be, in all honesty. 10 million guests a year at their theme parks is about their limit for guest satisfaction. Their hotels are continually getting 80-90% occupancy, and guest spending is still at a high level. Disney may be sweating things a bit more, but as long as per-guest spending remains high there's not going to be any significant action.

I think some people also think it means Uni will change their ways creatively. This will end up being a self-fulfilling prophecy, since (as many people in the know have said), that was already happening.

Attendance down at WDW and people hope it’s based on stagnation, poor additions, MM+, and management decisions.

Attendance down at WDW and people hope it’s based on stagnation, poor additions, MM+, and management decisions.
I will admit that for the first time in about 9 years, I let my Disney pass expire. I plan on renewing in about January or so, right before I expect the price to increase, but at least getting it in January should ensure I can experience SWGE before it expires.

Then maybe I wait a bit again.

Mods, feel free to move if this isn't the proper thread:

Entertainment cuts at WDW today. Pirate's Tutorial employees were told the show is closing in two weeks. Also hearing there were layoffs at Hollywood Studios, though I don't have details yet.
Heck, they had already cut Citizens of Hollywood by two thirds. Their street shows were one of the main reasons we visited DHS. Some of their skits, especially the maintainence dept. skit, were better, and funnier, than anything I've ever seen on TV.

Heck, they had already cut Citizens of Hollywood by two thirds. Their street shows were one of the main reasons we visited DHS. Some of their skits, especially the maintainence dept. skit, were better, and funnier, than anything I've ever seen on TV.
They were cut again today. Four full time performers were given two weeks notice.

They were cut again today. Four full time performers were given two weeks notice.
and that's what I thought would happen. Sad, just sad. Citizens of Hollywood was the crown jewel of DHS that few appreciated enough....Hope Universal picks them up like they did a few before.....always a bad sign when theme parks cut entertainment.....and once cut, it never ever comes back. Cut entertainment ruined BGW. Hershey Park isn't the same since they drastically cut their entertainment a few years ago. Looks like the WDW attendance rumors are for real. And, it's not like WDW is losing money. Their profit percentage is quite large. But I guess, gotta keep those Executive bonuses on track. This being the end month of Disney's fiscal year will probably see more cuts coming down the pike.

Last edited:
Multiple people I have taken to disney now remarked how they had a great time, but could see it being a poor value frustrating experience for the cost without my expertise and planning. It feels like people in the social media age are so concerned with image they are driven to cool place no matter what the cost and afraid to admit when they spend money that wasn't worth it.I could see there being a tipping point where people just get too fed up and do something else though. I think disney makes a lot of places like Dollywood or Cedar Point look like steals to people who now have a lot more info to plan alternative vacations. I could definitely see a scenario where air travel is up to Florida driven by budget flights but people find other things to do.

.....always a bad sign when theme parks cut entertainment.....and once cut, it never ever comes back. Cut entertainment ruined BGW. Hershey Park isn't the same since they drastically cut their entertainment a few years ago. Looks like the WDW attendance rumors are for real. And, it's not like WDW is losing money. Their profit percentage is quite large. But I guess, gotta keep those Executive bonuses on track. This being the end month of Disney's fiscal year will probably see more cuts coming down the pike.
I know Citizens of Hollywood was/is actually good, but let's not be hypocritical in saying "it's always a bad sign when theme parks cut entertainment" when people were practically throwing a party at Sindbad getting the axe and excusing it because they were offered jobs at Bourne.

I know Citizens of Hollywood was/is actually good, but let's not be hypocritical in saying "it's always a bad sign when theme parks cut entertainment" when people were practically throwing a party at Sindbad getting the axe and excusing it because they were offered jobs at Bourne.
OK. Its always a bad sign when parks cut good and popular entertainment.

Not me. I was on the other side, as were many posters on this site. (See Sinbadt thread)...I think you need to reread 'my' posts on that.You must have me confused with someone else.

Lol are we reading the same site? People were apoplectic that Uni was cutting budgets

Lol are we reading the same site? People were apoplectic that Uni was cutting budgets

And how everyone thought the "only" projects we're getting is what's in construction now and the 3rd gate. Which isn't true... and everyone's reactions were shown to be overblown and reactionary in the long run.

I don't know about others, but personally I don't expect prices to go down, I just hope the penny-pinching and mismanagement gets curbed. As insane as the prices seem sometimes, there's obviously the demand driving that, but you should be receiving the experience to match those prices.