Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Attraction Smells

Most Definitely the burning rome smell on Spaceship Earth but as far as Universal goes, the water around jaws. Whenever I walk into the jaws que I get nostalgic. Part of thinks it's because it's close to what the Saw house smelt like.

Way to bring back an old thread, I know. Butttt....I found a picture of what is, allegedly, the scent system they use in the ET forest queue. If it's already been talked about, sorry in advance. I just know several people, including myself, were wondering how to get ahold of that awesome scent.

usxmn5s.jpg

Yeah, Disney and SeaWorld use those as well in many of the shops. When you think you smell candy or it smells like Christmas, you're smelling one of those.

Pirates of the carribean- awesome water smell
ET- nay I say more?
Haunted mansion- just smells old and dusty
Mummy- gotta love the smell of fire
Transformers- smells like the nike factory
Phillharmagic- everything
Tiki room- love that flower scent
Swan and dolphin lobby- I walk in and I'm immediately relaxed
Tree of life- awesome misty smell
Dudley/Popeye- I have no idea how to describe these but they are awesome
Pooh/pan/cat- smell of my childhood man!!!
Alien encounter- it was so creepily clean I loved it (I miss this ride so much)
And finally
Stitch- makes me want to vomit
I'll post some more if I think of some but those are all ones that stick out to me

ET all the way, the greatest most memorable scent.....This is crazy, but at Universal even the scent in the restrooms is good. Universal has some really good stuff if even restrooms are decent.

Before I even opened this thread, the first thing that came to my mind was the smell of ET. Once I opened this thread and saw everybody talking about ET, I couldn't believe it!! What the heck are we smelling in there that makes all of us remember it so much haha. Tbh tho, that's the only ride that truly has a smell to me other than some parts of Disaster but I still couldn't believe it when I pulled this thread up. ET was the first thing in my mind and then BOOM.. All over this thread

Favorite Smells:

ET
Jaws
Kongfrontation
Dr. Dooms Fog

Non Favorites
Popeye - Water stinks you clothes when it dries, queue exit smells like a dead animal , queue entrance smells bad sometimes.
Hulk Queue - More so the people being bunched up rather than the queue lol.

Non favorites
Hulk- sweaty mess of people
Imagination- coffee smell grosses me out
Forbidden journey observatory- it smelled like fish one time I swear to god
Horror nights- almost every smell
Jaws- fish smell all the way

Best smells are definitely ET and Jaws and everything HHN

Worst smells are easily the area in Hogsmede near the mandrake and saloon and out front of cafe le bamba

Yeah my ET Candle from Magic Candle Co. just came in and it isn’t too accurate. Not worth how much it cost for shippng alone.

Yeah my ET Candle from Magic Candle Co. just came in and it isn’t too accurate. Not worth how much it cost for shippng alone.
Yeah. I said essentially the same on the ET injury thread when I got it a week or two ago. Not enough pine....I still think the 2017 Holiday Special Pine scent from Yankee Candle was pretty close. But they didn't carry that special holiday version in 2018 unfortunately.

Last edited:
We got a mixture of candle melts from the Disney home store at Disney Springs (I forget the name) and they had something very similar to the ET queue. Probably the best selection we’ve found.