Avengers: Endgame (2019) | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Avengers: Endgame (2019)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
For those concerned about Captain Marvel potentially stealing the limelight and thunder from the older characters in ENDGAME, Kevin Feige had this to say to Empire...

"People would point out that that Cap wasn’t in Infinity War a whole lot. And Iron Man didn’t really speak for that last half hour because of what was going on. But those characters, and all of the original six, are very much the focus of Endgame in a very personal and emotional way."

Last sentence bolded for emphasis.

Carol Danvers, Scott Lang, Rocket, and Nebula will be important support pieces, but it's all about the original team, thematically and emotionally.

That's good to hear because that trailer was beyond badass. All the originals, even the non-supers with Hawkeye and Black Widow have me hyped up. I mean yes, BW with a gun isn't going to do anything vs Thanos, but Johansen in that scene just looked like a complete badass. The huge buildup throughout the trailer of the original 6 had me so pumped until at the end, seeing Cpt. Marvel just had me groan. I still haven't seen Cpt. Marvel because of Larsen (It is near impossible for me to view her as a badass- much like Evan Rachel Wood on Westworld; whereas Thandi Newton sells it with ease).

So I hope Feige is correct here. If Cpt Marvel can just do whatever she needs to do to reverse the snap then go offscreen for the remainder and let the original 6 just get to it, that would be my preference.

Highly recommend everyone download the RunPee app. Tells you the best times to use the bathroom and gives a cliff notes version of what happened. You’re gonna need it here.

Man. This might be the greatest app ever. Need to check this out. I find myself trying to figure out the one quiet time when I can dart and Infinity War was very difficult to manage. Endgame is going to be even more intense.

Man. This might be the greatest app ever. Need to check this out. I find myself trying to figure out the one quiet time when I can dart and Infinity War was very difficult to manage. Endgame is going to be even more intense.
It’s great. I always check before the movie starts and it tells you some dialogue of when to leave and how much time you have.

Reactions: SkiBum
RunPee times are determined by users who are amongst the first to see the movie, not by official insiders/critics who get advance screenings. There's a good chance that they won't be published until about midnight on the 26th.

Those are good tests. The movie "Gettysburg" actually had an intermission for ten minutes. Of course, it was a solid four hours long and thus it made sense.
I think the longest film I ever sat through was "The Iceman Cometh" at 3:59 plus two intermissions (The old American Film Theater) and Kenneth Branagh's "Hamlet" (w/intermission) - both hit 4 hours before intermission. Of course there was "GWTW" but it was 2 minutes shorter.. lol. (I miss the days when movies actually had intermissions. Sometimes European versions still do)

Reactions: SkiBum and belloq87
Tarantino's THE HATEFUL EIGHT had an intermission in its 70mm screenings, but I can't remember the last time I experienced an intermission in a multiplex setting.

It might actually be TITANIC.