Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Captain Marvel will do fine. Not Black Panther levels, but not Ant-Man either. I expect somewhere around $350M domestic.

I think that, as stupid as this sounds, it will depend on the villain. The best Marvel movies have had a villain that you could really buy into. The ones that didn't do well didn't have a strong villain. Iron Man 3 played up the Mandarin but that was a red herring and didn't even use the real villain. For people to get behind Capt Marvel, we need to know more about the villain.

However, that is just my opinion.

I think that, as stupid as this sounds, it will depend on the villain. The best Marvel movies have had a villain that you could really buy into. The ones that didn't do well didn't have a strong villain. Iron Man 3 played up the Mandarin but that was a red herring and didn't even use the real villain. For people to get behind Capt Marvel, we need to know more about the villain.

However, that is just my opinion.
Skrulls are the villains. Not really able to fully flesh that out in a trailer.

Seeing the cinematic Bruce Banner and Peter Parker hanging out makes me really hope we get to see those characters interact at some point in the movies.

I really want to see a scene with Tony, Bruce, Peter, Shuri, and Hank Pym (the smartest scientific minds currently in the MCU) all having to work through some kind of massive technological problem. Heck, throw Rocket in there, too. It would be a lot of fun to see those personalities bouncing off each other.

I don't think there's going to be enough time in ENDGAME to give us that, so I doubt we'll ever get it, but it would be neat to see.

Seeing the cinematic Bruce Banner and Peter Parker hanging out makes me really hope we get to see those characters interact at some point in the movies.

I really want to see a scene with Tony, Bruce, Peter, Shuri, and Hank Pym (the smartest scientific minds currently in the MCU) all having to work through some kind of massive technological problem. Heck, throw Rocket in there, too. It would be a lot of fun to see those personalities bouncing off each other.

I don't think there's going to be enough time in ENDGAME to give us that, so I doubt we'll ever get it, but it would be neat to see.
It’s confirmed that Endgame will have a 3 hour+ run time (by the Russo brothers), so we’ll have a decent amount of time.

It’s confirmed that Endgame will have a 3 hour+ run time (by the Russo brothers), so we’ll have a decent amount of time.

I had heard a 3-hour run time thrown around, but I was assuming the Russos meant that's how long their current cut is, not how long the final cut will be once they've trimmed it a bit more.

I know Disney is the company that released a 170-minute PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN movie once upon a time, but I have a hard time imagining them releasing a 3+ hour blockbuster these days. I have no objections if they do!

Last edited:

I can conform this confirmation haha.
My buddy working on Endgame has told me that currently it is running at a little over 3 hours and every single screening they've done for it, the audiences unanimously say that they are totally fine with the run-time. Will it stay that long? Who knows. But so far no one has objected to it.

I love that they're still barely showing off anything at all. If any movie could market itself based on title alone, this qualifies. We don't need to see the money shots to get us into the theater, so I'm glad they're keeping most of the movie under wraps.

I'm sure there will be another big trailer in front of CAPTAIN MARVEL, so hopefully they continue with the strategy they've been using up to this point.

I love that they're still barely showing off anything at all. If any movie could market itself based on title alone, this qualifies. We don't need to see the money shots to get us into the theater, so I'm glad they're keeping most of the movie under wraps.

I'm sure there will be another big trailer in front of CAPTAIN MARVEL, so hopefully they continue with the strategy they've been using up to this point.

I'm somewhat hoping, they have the final trailer as a form of..add on to Captain Marvel, almost like how Avengers had it's first trailer added to the end of First Avenger. Make it, the only way, outside of promos to get new footage.

Keep to the stellar use of promo so-far for ad's and potential clips, and if this film is 3 hours; that means we have a long amount of time not known to us.