Aventura Hotel | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Aventura Hotel

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
People saying that this hotel is bland is making me make a parrallel between UOR and Vegas. You had a period of incredible resorts being built with great themes and now the latest being built feels so generic (City Center).
If urban is bland because it doesn't feel like some overly themed suburban looking resort than I'll take it. Universal is more Urban than Disney. If that means a beautiful hotel structure nearly 300ft in the air with a modern glass theme , I'll take it too. It's not that Universal is running out of space, they just need to be more creative with the space than Disney. Building up can help that.

Reactions: Joel
If urban is bland because it doesn't feel like some overly themed suburban looking resort than I'll take it. Universal is more Urban than Disney. If that means a beautiful hotel structure nearly 300ft in the air with a modern glass theme , I'll take it too. It's not that Universal is running out of space, they just need to be more creative with the space than Disney. Building up can help that.

I really don't have an issue with the hotel. Sure it's a bit bland but I don't doubt that it will be a good place to stay. Location and quality are more important than theming.

^ And some of the views of VB should be stellar.

Will you even be able to see VB from there? I think the new CB towers have, at least, the volcano mostly blocked from AH. It might be just the upper floors that see the top of the Volcano.

I really don't have an issue with the hotel. Sure it's a bit bland but I don't doubt that it will be a good place to stay. Location and quality are more important than theming.
I was just making a general comment. Many people on other forms have said it was bland and lack of theming as well. I trust your input Scott. :thumbsup:

Will you even be able to see VB from there? I think the new CB towers have, at least, the volcano mostly blocked from AH. It might be just the upper floors that see the top of the Volcano.
Depending on where you room is yes. As this will be taller so some rooms will automatically have the upper hand. Most rooms on the Southeast Side and Northeast side depending on the exact curving points should have somewhat okay views of volcano bay in general. Just not sure exactly where the structure will be built (Like how far back and turned which way)

I feel UOR was not expecting such demand for Cabana. I think that we're surprised that locals would stay on the weekend for HHN.

I think they saw this as an opportunity to to steer customers who are just looking for a place to stay while enjoying what UNI has to offer just that, maybe freeing up the rooms at Cabana for the family suite aspect of Cabana to try and drive it more as a place for families (just assuming that Cabana was built to try and attract families to the on site aspect, but then UNI found that some events drew more weekend visitors, even from near by areas than they ever expected and 100% occupancy means money left on the table.)

Reactions: Mad Dog
I feel UOR was not expecting such demand for Cabana. I think that we're surprised that locals would stay on the weekend for HHN.

I think they saw this as an opportunity to to steer customers who are just looking for a place to stay while enjoying what UNI has to offer just that, maybe freeing up the rooms at Cabana for the family suite aspect of Cabana to try and drive it more as a place for families (just assuming that Cabana was built to try and attract families to the on site aspect, but then UNI found that some events drew more weekend visitors, even from near by areas than they ever expected and 100% occupancy means money left on the table.)
Sounds plausible. I would guess CBBR exceeded Universal's expectations, as you said.

I completely agree. I don't think they knew what they had on their hands.

Figured this would be an alright place to share this since it's loosely related to Aventura...

From bioreconstruct:

Absolutely amazing how much they've done in the just over 4 years since that picture was taken.

Thats a great throw back and shows how much they've come in a relatively short time

Reactions: Scott W.
I remember driving past that with Alene in 2011 and saying what the heck they're going to do with that big empty field. They showed me. :lol:

I went up in a chopper around the same time to nosy at Diagon alley, CBBR was under construction at the time too.
I have dozens of aerials from that trip, I'm inspired to dig them out too see what I have of the area.

I remeber OU lit up when we posted our report that night :drool: LOL, Don't think Uni was best chuffed though :frustrated" Sorry Uni :sneak:

I went up in a chopper around the same time to nosy at Diagon alley, CBBR was under construction at the time too.
I have dozens of aerials from that trip, I'm inspired to dig them out too see what I have of the area.

I remeber OU lit up when we posted our report that night :drool: LOL, Don't think Uni was best chuffed though :frustrated" Sorry Uni :sneak:
Yes, I remember that. And the controversy that ensued soon after. :)

Reactions: UK-Trigg