Backlot Tour to close September 27 | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Backlot Tour to close September 27

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It has to be a Pixar expansion based on location, IMO. Hopefully it is Cars Land, but I doubt it. It will probably be that Toy Story play area which is kind of lame, but DHS does need some more kiddie rides I guess. I'd like to see the Monsters, Inc. dark ride too.

Cause Pixar is more than just Toy Story. Like Disney Animation is more than Frozen, though Iger doesn't seen to understand that.

What about Incredibles? Up? Some Wall E? Monsters Inc?

I guess but it's not a terrible idea. I feel like I'm the only one who wouldn't mind everything in MGM (besides the big rides)becoming strictly Pixar based. That would make the park a billion times better especially if they changed the name again to "disneys movie land" or whatever to make up for nothing resembling an actual studio

Yea! We are getting this!

TSL_Environment-1_0_Original.jpg
I'm not gonna sit here and say TSPL is great because it isn't, but for a park like DHS, it would be a very good addition tbh. DHS needs additional capacity and more rides for younger children. Hopefully we could get another ride of a higher scale out of it as well, but the Star Wars expansion will follow this immediately pretty much so DHS is at least getting some needs addressed finally (whther TSPL is what happens or not).

BLT will take awhile to get all the props out and things like that. I mean, is sets/costuming staying back there? Because if not then that has to move as well which will take a good amount of time.

I'm not gonna sit here and say TSPL is great because it isn't, but for a park like DHS, it would be a very good addition tbh. DHS needs additional capacity and more rides for younger children. Hopefully we could get another ride of a higher scale out of it as well, but the Star Wars expansion will follow this immediately pretty much so DHS is at least getting some needs addressed finally (whther TSPL is what happens or not).

BLT will take awhile to get all the props out and things like that. I mean, is sets/costuming staying back there? Because if not then that has to move as well which will take a good amount of time.

I agree. Toy Story for the kids/young family, Star Wars for the whole family. Basically nothing bad can come of replacing the Tour, because DHS needs everything.

What is that large paved lot and buildings behind TSMM? There are weird tire marks in a figure 8 on it.

Parkkng lot where lights motors action stunt drivers practice?

- - - Updated - - -

What is that large paved lot and buildings behind TSMM? There are weird tire marks in a figure 8 on it.

Parkkng lot where lights motors action stunt drivers practice?

Yea! We are getting this!

TSL_Environment-1_0_Original.jpg

Can we please get a clone of something GOOD...like Ratatoille, Crush's Coaster, or Radiator Springs instead of this cheapo land?

Seriously? The drop tower is ugly as an be, and none of the rides have good capacity.

Maybe a C-D ticket level Monsters Inc or Up ride would be nice too?

I'm not surprised they are getting rid of this. I loved Catastrophe Canyon when I was younger but when I visited in may I was really disappointed with the 'tour' section. They really ruined it. It would be great as a younger themed area, with Monsters Inc and Cars stuff. I really hope they don't go down a Frozen route permanently, it would be overkill.

The back lot tour is a just a former shell of what it originally was from when I was a kid. I remembered getting all excited to ride it when I moved down in 2008, only to feel completely let down. Last time I rode it, they didn't even talk about what movie everything was in.

Not to continue beating a dead horse, but if they knew this was coming and this is happening faster than Maelstrom's closing wouldn't it have made perfect sense to put a Frozen/Disney CGI land back here instead of Epcot. It has tons of space, would continue into Pixar Place and could single handedly turn Hollywood Studios into a real park until Star Wars land is finally built.

Not to continue beating a dead horse, but if they knew this was coming and this is happening faster than Maelstrom's closing wouldn't it have made perfect sense to put a Frozen/Disney CGI land back here instead of Epcot. It has tons of space, would continue into Pixar Place and could single handedly turn Hollywood Studios into a real park until Star Wars land is finally built.
No...that requires developing a new concept..this will be a quick and easy carbon copy from one of the other parks

Not really complaining though as the other parks are getting everything..

Can we please get a clone of something GOOD...like Ratatoille, Crush's Coaster, or Radiator Springs instead of this cheapo land?

If they copied 1 or ideally any 2 of these, it would be a massive help in DHS. Crush Coaster is soooooooooo much fun!

TSPL is great fun, smaller attractions for kids, theming is great too.

Last time I was in Paris the queue for Crush was too huge we didn't get time to ride it. But it's popularity proves it would be a good addition to DHS.

My only gripe would be if they laid it out as poorly as DLP, the queuing needs sorting big time!

Ive not had chance to do the backlot tour, so I am a bit gutted it'll be gone before my next trip, no matter how tired it's become!

TSPL is great fun, smaller attractions for kids, theming is great too.

Last time I was in Paris the queue for Crush was too huge we didn't get time to ride it. But it's popularity proves it would be a good addition to DHS.

My only gripe would be if they laid it out as poorly as DLP, the queuing needs sorting big time!

Ive not had chance to do the backlot tour, so I am a bit gutted it'll be gone before my next trip, no matter how tired it's become!
If Disney was smart I think the perfect expansion would be a crush coaster where idol is, Star Wars land where Indiana jones/a portion of streets of America and toy story where the backlot tour is. That's 5-6 rides right there. But alas we need a perminant frozen singalong

Also, it wouldn't totally surprise me at all if Disney just sat on this land for years only using it for special events or to private parties buying out the park. It just wouldn't shock me if they don't have any expansion plans with this area.

Yeah from multiple insiders (including ones outside this site) it looks like it's definitely going to be an upgraded toy story land. With such simple rides I don't think it would take very long either. I have to say the schedule of frozen in 16 and avatar in 17, Disney could easily get into the same ball game as universal when it comes to attraction releases. Question is will the quality be on par

Also, it wouldn't totally surprise me at all if Disney just sat on this land for years only using it for special events or to private parties buying out the park. It just wouldn't shock me if they don't have any expansion plans with this area.
They almost HAVE to expand here. This isn't Epcot where it's a big wide open park with lots of things to see and experience outside of rides. A big empty plot like that WILL go noticed and it's not even designed well for special events like places at epcot like WoL or some of the other buildings.

In other words, I just don't see that happening. I see expansion on the Pixar area with demo starting January 2015.

But Disney has the space to waste. I personally think they should have expanded the park instead of replacing things.