Becoming an Employee at the Parks | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Becoming an Employee at the Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm part time in entertainment so I'm global. Being global helps a looooooot. I'm also approved in DCEs so I can work anywhere on or off property if someone hires us out. I did a Christmas parade in Groveland along with Shaq two years ago...stuff like that is super cool. I also am sometimes sent to the Give Kids Village...also cool but kind of heart-breaking.

For whatever reason I thought you were Full Time.

Hey, from the time you accepted the offer, when did you start your traditions class? My friend's husband got offered merchandise, but he is waiting for a full time position. I was talking with her and she was trying to gauge from the time the full time position became open, when would he start working. I guess he is next on the list after current employees.

Also, does anyone know which positions are paid more? Is merchandise paid more than rides? I imagine food service is paid less than rides, but wasn't sure what the desired order was for jobs.

Hey, from the time you accepted the offer, when did you start your traditions class? My friend's husband got offered merchandise, but he is waiting for a full time position. I was talking with her and she was trying to gauge from the time the full time position became open, when would he start working. I guess he is next on the list after current employees.

Also, does anyone know which positions are paid more? Is merchandise paid more than rides? I imagine food service is paid less than rides, but wasn't sure what the desired order was for jobs.

I know that food service is actually paid more than rides. Food service can be considerably more "stressful." I'm not sure how merchandise works, but I've always thought it was very similar to rides.

Strange, he later told his wife that the HR guy said that rides makes less than Merchandise. Part-time was all they had right now in either area, so now the waiting game for him.