Best Simulator in Orlando? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Best Simulator in Orlando?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Best Simulator?

• Mission: Space

Votes: 13 18.3%
  • Star Tours: The Adventures Continue

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • The Simpsons Ride

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • Wild Arctic

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Soarin

Votes: 5 7.0%

• Total voters
1. Empire Strikes Back is my favorite movie of all time, so there's that.
2. The C3PO anamatronic is gorgeous.
3. It's Star Wars,
4. The queue is one of the best anywhere.
5. It's Star Wars.
6. The facade is great.
7. It's Star Wars.
8. It has the most re-rideability of any ride.

Did I mention it's Star Wars?

So basically, it's your favorite ride because it's Star Wars? I'll accept that :lol:

Like Reel said, I guess I just think it's a terrible way to use the IP. Out of all the incredible things that could have been done, a simulator is highly underwhelming.

You just described most simulators.

I guess that was my point. I just don't see how a simulator could be one's favorite attraction. I respect it though.

I don't nessacarily think the most alterations of any ride means the most re-rideable. To be honest I would rather ride Spiderman 2-3 times in a row if I have the time than star Tours because I feel that not every alternate Sequence in Star Wars is as strong. Sure some is personal preference but I would rather an attraction have the absolute best budget and production values scene per scene rather than perhaps have a simulated element that is not as strong.

Certainly going with Mission Space...Not only does it scare the crap out of me/provide the most intense amazing feeling/make me wanna puke at the end of it but it gives you interactive parts and I find that pretty cool.

I wouldn't expect much to be coming out of the Star Wars area for a while. I mean heck...they've had brilliant ideas with avatar and cars and well....look at what all that has us now....No nothing besides speculation. Sorry Star Wars fanboy but I wouldnt get your hopes up.

Certainly going with Mission Space...Not only does it scare the crap out of me/provide the most intense amazing feeling/make me wanna puke at the end of it but it gives you interactive parts and I find that pretty cool.

I wouldn't expect much to be coming out of the Star Wars area for a while. I mean heck...they've had brilliant ideas with avatar and cars and well....look at what all that has us now....No nothing besides speculation. Sorry Star Wars fanboy but I wouldnt get your hopes up.

Well they wanna get this stuff overseas at Shanghai and HK.

Despicable Me. I absolutely love the movie. But not only that it's thrilling, funny, and touching. Only ride to ever make me choke up a tiny bit. Both pre-shows and the ride are hilarious. It is understandable for people who have and have not watched the movie. And the small inside portions of queue are awesome. Star Tours is cool and all...it's just not that fun. Even with the chance to go on a 2nd time I declined..it just doesn't feel like it puts you into the moments, you always feel like you're just in a giant metal box. That's just my opinion of course.

Not really. Thanks the entire Disney corporation.

You blame TDO for things like failing maintenance, not the lack of new additions.

Touché.

Despicable Me. I absolutely love the movie. But not only that it's thrilling, funny, and touching. Only ride to ever make me choke up a tiny bit. Both pre-shows and the ride are hilarious. It is understandable for people who have and have not watched the movie. And the small inside portions of queue are awesome. Star Tours is cool and all...it's just not that fun. Even with the chance to go on a 2nd time I declined..it just doesn't feel like it puts you into the moments, you always feel like you're just in a giant metal box. That's just my opinion of course.

Please describe more on how it dosen't put you in the moments. You're on a ship with C3PO right in front of you as your pilot.

Please describe more on how it dosen't put you in the moments. You're on a ship with C3PO right in front of you as your pilot.

Because it doesn't feel like you're in a giant spaceship. it doesn't feel like you're jumping into hyper speed, or making tight turns with a battle flying around you. The technology of the system limits that, and even though it was upgraded recently, that doesn't change the capability of the ride cars. Despicable Me is just funner for me, I prefer the more personal cars even if I can see a million around me. And all C3PO does is yell in distress. He doesn't feel like a pilot, he feels like a panicy bystander. He doesn't have that special moment when he becomes the hero. Personally I ignored him because sometimes I thought he was a little annoying. Like I said though, just my opinion.

Because it doesn't feel like you're in a giant spaceship. it doesn't feel like you're jumping into hyper speed, or making tight turns with a battle flying around you. The technology of the system limits that, and even though it was upgraded recently, that doesn't change the capability of the ride cars. Despicable Me is just funner for me, I prefer the more personal cars even if I can see a million around me. And all C3PO does is yell in distress. He doesn't feel like a pilot, he feels like a panicy bystander. He doesn't have that special moment when he becomes the hero. Personally I ignored him because sometimes I thought he was a little annoying. Like I said though, just my opinion.

That's the point. Due to a malfunction of the Starspeeder, he gets trapped and becomes the pilot, then we find out there's a rebel spy on board we have to get to safety and fly through battles. Generally speaking, if you're the rebel spy, you're the hero.

That's the point. Due to a malfunction of the Starspeeder, he gets trapped and becomes the pilot, then we find out there's a rebel spy on board we have to get to safety and fly through battles. Generally speaking, if you're the rebel spy, you're the hero.

Obviously. I know the story. I was quoting where you said "You're on a ship with C3PO right in front of you as your pilot", which is why I said what I said.

My vote goes to Body Wars! Errr... I mean Shrek 4-D!

Ok in all seriousness, I'm torn between Despicable Me and Star Tours.

Despicable has a really great story to it and there's always a new minion I find while riding that makes me laugh. Plus they got the Dance Party which is one of my favorite areas to people watch.

Despite not being much of a star wars fan, I do love the rerideability of Star Tours and I think there's a good mix of action and humor in each experience.

Think I'm gonna go with Star Tours for now.

I wish their was a sit down bar inside the dance party for me to people watch :lol:

Reactions: Ajstriker26