Best Theme Park Entrance? | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Best Theme Park Entrance?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Which park has the best entrance?

• Magic Kingdom's Main Street U.S.A.

Votes: 26 28.9%
  • Universal's Islands of Adventure's Port of Entry

Votes: 55 61.1%
  • Epcot's Future World

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Universal Studios Florida's Production Central

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Disney's Hollywood Studios' Hollywood Boulevard

• SeaWorld Orlando

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom's Oasis

• Total voters
So seeing the eyesore of USF is fun from IOA?

It is the first thing I see of Universal Orlando when I am on I-4. Therefore, it brings me excitement. No matter if it is an eyesore or not. When I get closer and can finally see The Incredible Hulk, then I get even more excited.

- - - Updated - - -

It's an eyesore when you look at it directly compared to the theming of USF, so seeing it from a distance doesn't make it an eyesore, otherwise Hulk would be an eyesore from a distance as well. And seeing HRRR from a distance reminds him he is just arriving at a place he loves to be, I was the same way when I saw the Hulk on my way to our hotel, before Rockit's time. And last time I checked you got mad for people picking your posts apart, so don't turn around and do the same thing. And Bryce that video was awesome, every once in a while I'll go back and listen to the sound track of IOA that someone on here that I can't remember was kind enough to post.

I listen to it to! I believe it's dinoman96 who has the soundtrack up on YouTube. I just wish it had all of the music from Port of Entry, like the slower version of Ocean Market Trader. Popsong1 (who filmed that video) has a bunch of awesome Islands of Adventure videos, including one where he captures all of the sights and sounds around the entrance.

HRRR doesn't even fit in with USF and is an eyesore IMO,

I don't understand how hrrr doesn't fit in. it's in production central and the idea is it making it own music video. s perfectly...just because it's not the prettiest thing according to your opinion doesn't mean that it doesn't fit...bc it does.

I don't understand how hrrr doesn't fit in. it's in production central and the idea is it making it own music video. s perfectly...just because it's not the prettiest thing according to your opinion doesn't mean that it doesn't fit...bc it does.

Jump into the hottest movies and television. I never heard music there anywhere.

I voted for Port of Entry as a stand alone entrance, but I was in my 40s the first time I experienced it so it didn't have nearly the impact the MK did on my first trip to WDW when I was 8. But the detailing and soundtrack are pretty much perfect in my book.

But my favorite thing about the MK is the approach. The first time I went to WDW was in '71 (I was 8), and we stayed at the Poly. We arrived at the Poly to check in and from the entrance from the parking lot you couldn't see the MK because it is on the backside of the hotel. While my father was checking in I went to explore the lobby. We got around to the windows around on the back side and off in the distance across the lagoon you could see the spires of Cindy's shack. I was so excited. By the time we unloaded into the room and made it back to the monorail I almost couldn't make words I was so excited. Getting on the monorail and then traveling through the Contemporary then on to the park i was practically vibrating with excitement. Passing under the train station and entering Main Street and the view down Main Street was EPIC. I had finally arrived after years of build up from the The Wonderful World of Disney weekly TV show.

I did want to throw out a few non-Orlando parks that have great entrances. Busch Gardens Williamsburg gets honorable mention for just being beautiful and very intimate. And although King's Island is sort of a rip off of Disneyland's Main Street. Having a 300' Eiffel Tower at the end with the fountians also sets the mood for an exciting day in a theme park.

Reactions: SweeneysGalMegz
I know I'm in the minority, but I really don't see Rockit as an eyesore. It's not really fitting that you can see it from IOA, so I understand that part, but walking into the Studios it seems very visually appealing to me, ignoring the fact that I enjoy the ride. I really do like how it looks sitting there (I'll say it again, from a Studios perspective). Just my opinion though. :smiley:

I guess it fits with PC, it's just an eyesore.

In other threads you post get back on topic, but now this is the third time you've said HRRR is an eyesore. Ok great we get it. We understand your opinion. Many people agree with it, including me, but only when viewed in U.S. when it flies in front of a city back drop. But you don't have to keep repeating it. Is that your strategy for a high post count? Discussion is fine with me but you are taking it a little too far. Ok sorry rant over.

Last edited:
Reactions: Felipe
I know I'm in the minority, but I really don't see Rockit as an eyesore. It's not really fitting that you can see it from IOA, so I understand that part, but walking into the Studios it seems very visually appealing to me, ignoring the fact that I enjoy the ride. I really do like how it looks sitting there (I'll say it again, from a Studios perspective). Just my opinion though. :smiley:
I think Rockit is a great addition. It's one of the few parks that walking by the gates you see or hear a roller coaster (the las part of the Rockit ride for example)
Soon as you go around the gate to the Universal Studios Florida turnstiles knowing Rockit is there just bring excitement. It does for me anyhow. It adds to USF entrance.

Reactions: SweeneysGalMegz

The only place, IMO, that is is out of place is where infringes into NY.

Magic Kingdom's Main Street USA would of been my choice if it was 1971-1993 or so. After that it started going downhill with all the extreme changes.

Port of Entry with out a doubt for the win. The only gripe I have is seeing the back of it when on The Hulk. That is a hard flaw to look for due to a coaster of that nature always revealing bad show. As an entry statement. The sails over the ticket booths, the soundtracks in each restroom with more than just music. The giftshops each being unique with the main Port of Entry Trading company feeling adventurous just all fits. I am still able to find new things after ten years of visiting frequently.

If HRRR was around in the "Ride the Movies" days I think it would be a bigger issue. I don't like the coaster or get excited (because I'm local) but I can certainly understand how an unassuming guest would see a coaster at the front of a park and get super excited.

If HRRR was around in the "Ride the Movies" days I think it would be a bigger issue. I don't like the coaster or get excited (because I'm local) but I can certainly understand how an unassuming guest would see a coaster at the front of a park and get super excited.
I'm not "local", (I live an hour and a half away), but I still get excited when I go because it's maybe only 5-6 times a year. The excitement just is amplified at the first sight of Rip, Ride, RockIt because it is very visible from the highway and it lets me know that I'm there. So yes, you are correct.

I do want to purchase an annual pass though.

I'm not "local", (I live an hour and a half away), but I still get excited when I go because it's maybe only 5-6 times a year. The excitement just is amplified at the first sight of Rip, Ride, RockIt because it is very visible from the highway and it lets me know that I'm there. So yes, you are correct.

I do want to purchase an annual pass though.

This year is the first year in 6 that I haven't worked HHN so I used to be at UOR on a regular basis. I get you though. Hearing the roar of a coaster and the thrilled screams really amps you up.

It's a tie between Port of Entry and Main Street for me. They both have very big places in my heart for similar reasons-- memories. Both the memories of how it feels to be there and the memories those places have created, like one of my close friends and I making "The adventure begins," a running slogan for us or my newspaper friends and I skipping down Main Street.

I'm an IoA girl more than I am a MK girl (though MK is one of my absolute favorite places to be), but I can't choose here.