Bigfire Restaurant | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Bigfire Restaurant

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Menu looks great, but I have to agree the interior is underwhelming. A less themey Outback-style thing.

Reactions: Yung1522
Wow. The food looks phenomenal. The scallops, bbq shrimp, fried chicken, steak all looks good.. and I'm a sucker for a burger with a fried green tomato & pimento cheese. I see you, Universal.

Reactions: Felipe and Sithina
You can tell from the setup that isn’t going to be an inexpensive experience.

Eh, I kind of disagree. It doesn’t look like an expensive experience to me. Looks much more upscale casual with a couple of steaks on the menu.

I’m guessing the steaks will be in the $30s with included sides. Compare that to something like Boathouse, which is a la carte and $50s.

I think this restaurant is really going to look gorgeous at night, as well as feel warmer overall, as opposed to how it comes across in daylight (still gorgeous, but less warm). Those colors & textures are really going to look cozy in the softer lighting from the fires and such once the sun goes down. Add in the smell of wood fire and it will make for a very cozy, lodge-like atmosphere indeed. :) I'm jealous of those of you who will get to try it out soon! That menu looks amazing!

I'm gonna guess all entrees that aren't steaks will be sub $30. Given there's no mention of USDA Prime grade or wet/dry-aging, the bone-in ribeye should be close, but not exceed $40. I'm not familiar with Boathouse, but like @Andysol said, the fact that sides are included and not a la carte would indicate this shouldn't a $$$$ steakhouse.

They've got Pappys on the bourbon menu which is pretty rare to see. Especially the 20 year. I'd assume this'll be the priciest restaurant on property.

I think Bice still holds that honor but The Palm is in the running too.
I’d be shocked if any of the steaks run below $40. But yeah, didn’t think of Bice. With all the other mid range $ places in city walk, I’m just assuming this has to be their premier restaurant. Happy to be proven wrong, though!

Good point... hadn’t noticed the jigger in the wall. Perhaps they will tell guests at the far end of the room to walk closer to the serving line to see the logo centered. Ha ha.

It's a weird place to put the logo anyway.

I’d be shocked if any of the steaks run below $40. But yeah, didn’t think of Bice. With all the other mid range $ places in city walk, I’m just assuming this has to be their premier restaurant. Happy to be proven wrong, though!

I was going to say that I'm sure steaks at the other restaurants are like 50 bucks anyway but I've just checked Toothsome and they're charging $29 for a 6oz fillet. Have they dropped the price?

I don't think there's any doubt that this will be the 'premier' or 'high end' restaurant in CityWalk, not because it is but because nothing else is.

I think the most expensive restaurants in the resort will be at the premier hotels.

Reactions: Captain Tragedy
I was going to say that I'm sure steaks at the other restaurants are like 50 bucks anyway but I've just checked Toothsome and they're charging $29 for a 6oz fillet. Have they dropped the price?

I don't think there's any doubt that this will be the 'premier' or 'high end' restaurant in CityWalk, not because it is but because nothing else is.

I think the most expensive restaurants in the resort will be at the premier hotels.

Just thinking because it is in CityWalk, I don't see why they wouldn't price the food higher due to it's accessibility to more foot traffic. While the resort places are really nice, I just can't imagine the average tourist going out of their way to eat at places like Bice or Palm. Again, I hope I am wrong.