Brazil coming to World Showcase? | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Brazil coming to World Showcase?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Didn't President Obama make a speech about simpler Visa processing for Brazil and China? Well, we already have China and now if there are more Brazilians coming…BRAZIL!

Honestly, Spain, Greece or Russia deserve a country before Brazil does.

What does Brazil have that these countries don't?

Spain has 6 times the history, the culture and the food is fantastic. A good spanish restaurant would be great because currently they have nothing like that on site anywhere. They have Ohana at Polynesian which is similar to Texas de Brazil already.

Honestly, Spain, Greece or Russia deserve a country before Brazil does.

What does Brazil have that these countries don't?

Spain has 6 times the history, the culture and the food is fantastic. A good spanish restaurant would be great because currently they have nothing like that on site anywhere. They have Ohana at Polynesian which is similar to Texas de Brazil already.

I don't know about deserve, but I think they all have interesting architecture and culture that could be nicely represented at Epcot's WS. I've been to Brazil and the places, the music, the food, the entire culture, and the people are great. Though, if they brought Brazil to EWS, what is the most iconic landcape you can think of that screams Brazil? This one:

Brazil-rio-wide.jpg

And I don't know, but having a huge statue of Christ at Diney... Idk, akward... :p

A huge emerging middle class and a love for the Orlando Disney parks.

Brazil is an emerging economic super power while European countries are drowning in their own crap.

That's also a good argument for why a different country would be better. I'm sure there will be Brazilians who wouldn't care to travel away from Brazil to visit Brazil :lol: And since they're making a trip to a place not in Europe, how cool to get more Europe in your trip, even when you're not actually travelling there? Hehe!

Anyways, I think any of the choices thrown around would be great! Brazil, Spain, Greece, Russia. They're all interesting, IMHO.

The Brazilians love Brazil. haven't you heard the chance?

Build a Brazilian pavilion and stock it with Brazil/Disney merch and you'd have a gold mine.

I know, I was just saying the argument can go either way, for argument's sake.
I'd be plenty happy with a Brazil pavillion! And if they have Garotas dancing the samba, even better! They could even have a Carnaval Carioca and it'd be like Epcot's own Mardi Gras :)

I dont know how true this is, I thought it was crazy though. I heard that if they were going to make Brazil into a pavilion, they were going to make an attraction based on the incerdible hulk. o_O Dont ask me any questions. lol

Wow. That's totally nonsense. LMAO. Well. We all know that The Incredible Hulk (2008) takes place in Brazil too, but the hero has nothing to do with our culture.

As for the discussion, I might be suspicious to talk about it, since I'm brazilian, but I guess that Brazil's pavilion should be a priority for some reasons:

1. Brazilians tourists outnumbered all the international visitors in 2011, 41% higher than in 2010. (http://edition.cnn.com/2012/01/24/travel/brazilian-tourist-invasion/index.html). By that, Obama announced last month new laws and policies regarding visas to Brazilians. (http://www.sunshinestatenews.com/story/barack-obama-rick-scott-agree-speed-tourist-visas-brazilians)

2. Florida expects 1.5 million brazilians this year.

3. The Brazilian culture is really rich. It's funny to hear someone saying that Spain has 6 times the culture. It may have the history, but remember that Brazil is characterized by its mix of races, what makes us a unique country. Carnival, huge metropolis with famous buildings, nature, food. Here's just some pics to illustrate:

Carnival, one of the biggest open-air event in the world.
382867-Carnaval-SP-2012-1.jpg

31001-carnaval-rio-0-original.jpg

sambodromo.jpg

ibirapuera_park_sao_paulo_brazil_photo_gov_tourist_ministry.jpg

rio_de_janeiro_brazil.jpg

fernando-de-noronha-1.jpg

lencois-maranhao.jpg

4. There's no South American country in Epcot. I guess it would be a good idea to have one.

5. A Pavilion for brazilians? You can be sure that would stimulate the tourism even more.

6. Ohana? Ohana is Polynesian cuisine. The only thing that's similar to brazilian food is the steak. Just that. The way we prepare, cook, sauce, entrees has nothing to do with it. By the way, Brazilian food is not only steak and barbecue. We are really strong in country food. Our cuisine is very mixed and delicious. It would be awesome to have a place at the parks to eat it.

7. So Disney made a partnership with James Cameron to build an Avatar land in Animal Kingdom. Avatar is from Fox. Guess what? Rio is from fox too. I think it would be a good idea even to use the characters from Rio in a Brazilian Pavilion.

8. Brazil's economy is growing and the country is emerging. We have the World Cup in 2014 and the Olympic Games in 2016. All eyes will be over here. Isn't that enough?

As I said, I'm suspicious to talk about it. But I think it's so obvious that, if Disney had to build another pavilion, Brazil would be the perfect country. What do you guys think?

Oh, by the way, here's a video about Brazil if you guys wanna know more:

[video=youtube;UfbOQ5UHbfo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfbOQ5UHbfo[/video]

:D

Great history lesson, too much though, just like the BGT's :lol:

Spain would still be a better pavillion IMHO, but yes there is a lack of South America, bottom line, anything new is a good thing :thumbs:

Last edited:
Its more than a rumor Teebs, there is going to be a new country, and possibly 2 or 3 total new ones :wave:

Based on what where when? Is there a seriously credible statement somewhere, with dates?

Like Potter 2.0, not a question of if, but when.

It's a rumor that will live until it's finally announced. Like the 5th park. Or Universal's Water Park. :lol:

This is like saying Busch Gardens will build another roller coaster, no idea when but eventually it will happen. Hopefully BGT won't have to wait 20 years like Epcot though...ba-zing!

If the problem Disney is facing with Potter is per guest spending, wouldn't Brazil be a better "response" then something like Avatar? I mean, you're going after one of your largest target audiences, and one who probably loves their country more than Americans do. I would imagine merchandise would fly off the shelves when the tour groups arrive. And considering how much local Brazilian style eateries cost, could you imagine the prices in Epcot? :lol:

I don't think Brazil would hurt, I'm sure it would be great for numbers, but if you're on vacation from Brazil wouldn't you rather experience other cultures besides Brazil? I'm sure that's not the case considering how many Americans still eat at McDonald's whilst in Europe, but it's a point to be made.

Disney would NEVER put a giant Jesus statue in their park. Religion is one avenue they prefer to stay out of.

I think Egypt or Greece would be great additions, but with all the turmoil those countries are going through at the moment, Im not sure its the ideal time to promote the country.