Brazil coming to World Showcase? | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Brazil coming to World Showcase?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
but if you're on vacation from Brazil wouldn't you rather experience other cultures besides Brazil?

Put a Brazilian flag on a Mickey head and watch as they fly off the shelves.

The Brazilians love anything related to their country.

As for the "when not if" statements being thrown around, I dunno how much I buy into that line of thinking. I mean it's been 20+ years since a country was added. That's a really long freaking time.:lol:

I'm the only one who doesn't think that Egypt or Greece is a good idea?

I mean... Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow. Most of Egyptian and Greek culture is based on its past. Nowadays, both countries are facing some political and economical issues. For me, the World Showcase is about nations that stand out as highlights. People may say: "Oh. But even Norway is there". Well, Norway is the top country in the HDI. I know basically all attractions are related to the history of the country, but well, as I said, Egyptian and Greek culture are one of the richest of the world, but they are in the past, not in the present days. For me, Spaceship Earth represents already represents it really well.

By that, in my opinion, any of these would be a good idea:
- India
- Brazil
- Russia
- Australia

:D

I know it's been discussed before, but India is already represented at Animal Kingdom, and I think Austrailia would be better suited there as well. Egypt is a good idea, but I don't think a small parcel of land will be giving it proper justice.

I'm the only one who doesn't think that Egypt or Greece is a good idea?

I mean... Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow. Most of Egyptian and Greek culture is based on its past. Nowadays, both countries are facing some political and economical issues. For me, the World Showcase is about nations that stand out as highlights. People may say: "Oh. But even Norway is there". Well, Norway is the top country in the HDI. I know basically all attractions are related to the history of the country, but well, as I said, Egyptian and Greek culture are one of the richest of the world, but they are in the past, not in the present days. For me, Spaceship Earth represents already represents it really well.

Both were instrumental in the formation of human life as we know it today. Both invented technology, ideologies, and methods we still use today. That makes them prime additions.

WS is about celebration of culture and history. Past, present, and future. Greece and Egypt are begging to be represented.

I know it's been discussed before, but India is already represented at Animal Kingdom, and I think Austrailia would be better suited there as well. Egypt is a good idea, but I don't think a small parcel of land will be giving it proper justice.

I agree. Both Australia and Egypt are suited to more space than WS can currently offer. Really Russia or Brazil make the most sense to me.

I agree. Both Australia and Egypt are suited to more space than WS can currently offer. Really Russia or Brazil make the most sense to me.

I think Egypt and Australia would both be perfect for WS. You're never going to be able to represent every single part of the country anyway. Most of Australia's popular animals are small enough to deal with in a WS-sized area.

And how can you say Egypt and Australia need more space but Russia is completely fine in WS?:lol:

I think Egypt and Australia would both be perfect for WS. You're never going to be able to represent every single part of the country anyway. Most of Australia's popular animals are small enough to deal with in a WS-sized area.

And how can you say Egypt and Australia need more space but Russia is completely fine in WS?:lol:

Meh. When you think Australia, you think the Outback. That's not going to fit in WS :lol:

I think you can more accurately relfect Russia and Egypt than Australia. Idk. I think you can get away with less open space in Russia. Plus I think Australia has more to offer in AK where the animals should be the only focus.

I'm not saying it can't be done. Just that Australia makes more sense in AK to me. Egypt, I guess they would have to fit it somewhere.

Last edited:
Both were instrumental in the formation of human life as we know it today. Both invented technology, ideologies, and methods we still use today. That makes them prime additions.

WS is about celebration of culture and history. Past, present, and future. Greece and Egypt are begging to be represented.
I understand your point and I agree about the cultural importance of the civilizations. Although, I disagree when you say that the WS is about history. As the name says, every pavilion is a representation of a nation. For me, they are nations that are highlights nowadays. The WS is more about the cultural roots than cultural history. The history is just given as background to inform and situate the guest. At least in my opinion of course. :D

Disney would NEVER put a giant Jesus statue in their park. Religion is one avenue they prefer to stay out of.

I think Egypt or Greece would be great additions, but with all the turmoil those countries are going through at the moment, Im not sure its the ideal time to promote the country.

The Greek gov. doesn't like Disney too much.

I think the turmoil argument is pretty irrelevant. We came REALLY close to having Russia/USSR as a country and that was in the Cold War. Same can be said for Germany.

I really do think that they need to add a new country or two. I love Epcot and it is my favorite Disney park but it definitely needs some love (Well more than a Test Track redo). If I had to pick a few countries that would work well and give a bigger view of the World's cultures they would be:

1.Russia
2.Brazil
3. Finland
4. Thailand
5.Switzerland
6.Netherlands

I'd like to see a country, but honestly I'm more bothered by UoE and WoL. I'd be fine with just some new entertainment in WS if we saw more FW expansion.

I really do think that they need to add a new country or two. I love Epcot and it is my favorite Disney park but it definitely needs some love (Well more than a Test Track redo). If I had to pick a few countries that would work well and give a bigger view of the World's cultures they would be:

1.Russia
2.Brazil
3. Finland
4. Thailand
5.Switzerland
6.Netherlands

I'm going with 2,5, and 6 based on the women and 2, 4, and 6 based on the food. :lol:

^ All they really need is a giant tour center equipped with matching colorful flags and t-shirts and books on how to piss off locals.