Budget Cutz: Disney Edition | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Budget Cutz: Disney Edition

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Time and time again we have proof that parks investing long term increase attendance and profits yet time and time again we have parks making reactionary decisions to short term numbers they don't like. I'm convinced that the park that will go with the Costco model would call the bluff of investors especially in an Orlando market and go great business. Maybe sea world parks have a lot to gain just from being committed to consistent reasonable value investments and the cancer that is blackstone being out.

Time and time again we have proof that parks investing long term increase attendance and profits yet time and time again we have parks making reactionary decisions to short term numbers they don't like. I'm convinced that the park that will go with the Costco model would call the bluff of investors especially in an Orlando market and go great business. Maybe sea world parks have a lot to gain just from being committed to consistent reasonable value investments and the cancer that is blackstone being out.
:cheers: A toast to "Blackstone, the Scourge of theme parks, being out"..... Yes, your points are well taken.

Reactions: DK745
DAK is cutting hours.

The most hilarious thing about this, is that the extra magic hour for hotel guests is now 45 minutes. Also the new tiered multi day ticketing thing went live today, and folks willl be mentioning how its cheaper (in very very specific situations with extreme limitations, most of it is more than before).

Parking Prices are raised up to $25 (from $22) today also.

AP prices AND renewals are up $40 for silver, $20 for gold, $45 for platinum and plat plus. Blackout days not listed beyond Sep 2019 yet.

If you look at year to date AP Prices (since this is the second increasae this year)

Year to date increases:
Silver went up $60. (14%) - $40 today alone
Gold went up $50 (9%) - $2o today alone
Platinum went up $70 (10%)- $45 today alone
Platinum Plus went up $80 (10%) - $45 today alone

Last edited:
Reactions: SeventyOne
Parking Prices are raised up to $25 (from $22) today also.

AP prices AND renewals are up $40 for silver, $20 for gold, $45 for platinum and plat plus. Blackout days not listed beyond Sep 2019 yet.
AP prices are up again? Goodness. I’ve put off buying a new pass for awhile and will now probably wait even longer.

Reactions: therock and Joel
The most hilarious thing about this, is that the extra magic hour for hotel guests is now 45 minutes. Also the new tiered multi day ticketing thing went live today, and folks willl be mentioning how its cheaper (in very very specific situations with extreme limitations, most of it is more than before).

Hilariously my trip in Feb I bought tickets for preventatively would have been cheaper with the new plan! But luckily I came out even because I bought on Undercover Tourist.

Reactions: SeventyOne