Budget Cutz: Disney Edition | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Budget Cutz: Disney Edition

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
At least until they bulldoze the area entirely.
That’s what I don’t get. As soon as GE opens up, that entire part of the park will become part of the crowded mess for Star Wars. You can’t demolish it or really alter it in anyway.

Star Wars is too close for them to make major alteration to Muppets Plaza in preparation. Which means it’ll probably stay the exact same for a couple years easily.

Reactions: tankart150
That’s what I don’t get. As soon as GE opens up, that entire part of the park will become part of the crowded mess for Star Wars. You can’t demolish it or really alter it in anyway.

Star Wars is too close for them to make major alteration to Muppets Plaza in preparation. Which means it’ll probably stay the exact same for a couple years easily.
I mean they certainly could, I just highly doubt they will.

I don’t think they know exactly what to do with the space because it can’t even be a Star Wats expansion bc of where the berm is for the land.

But that is the expansion pad for Star Wars ;)

Reactions: Scott W.
After reducing DAK hours, they just annouced the "After hours" Program, which is more or less $125 for Pandora and the tree of life show, since much of the park won't be open for 3 hours.

Dates: Dec. 4, 12 and 18, 2018; and Jan. 8, 16, 22 and 31, 2019; and Feb. 5, 6, 12, 13, 19 and 26, 2019; and March 5, 20 and 27, 2019; and April 3, 2019.

DHS is also doing this some nights as well, which seems like even more of a stretch than DAK. Since DHS is really just the 4 rides (Toy Story, ToT and RnR) the other side of echo lake is shut down.

DHS dates: Dec. 8, 15 and 22, 2018; and Jan. 5, 12 and 19, 2019; Feb. 2, 9 and 16, 2019; March 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30, 2019; and April 6 and 13, 2019.

I'd consider it a money grab related to budget and is getting a bit beyond crazy, they are really sapping the borderline crazy Disney fanatic market here for all it is worth.

Considering normal prices are so high I would pay 125 for 1 night if I could count on Disney not to book too heavily and could get in right away and if they had everything open. Having only part of the park open is ridiculous but it fits the trend of Disney blaming the guest for not being able to have a better experience because they didn't book a Disney hotel or didn't pay for an up charge event.

Considering normal prices are so high I would pay 125 for 1 night if I could count on Disney not to book too heavily and could get in right away and if they had everything open. Having only part of the park open is ridiculous but it fits the trend of Disney blaming the guest for not being able to have a better experience because they didn't book a Disney hotel or didn't pay for an up charge event.
I agree that overall the party’s are actually a good value for what you can get done in a short period of time (especially if you buy the Passholder/DVC rate)

My issue is that it’s basically Disney profiting off of a problem that they created.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see how these do. A couple of months ago, Touring Plans did a walk through video of the MK after hours. It was completely dead. A couple of people here and there. Evidently, crowds improved a bit after that,otherwise they probably would not have extended it to these other parks. This will certainly bear watching.

These things are why I find it funny people have such an allegiance to Disney or really any of these theme parks. They don’t care about you, they care about your money. I mean they are literally throwing an upcharge party within an upcharge party. Come on.

do they actually limit tickets for these events?
3 hours of park time really isn't a lot for $125.00. The rides would basically need to all be walk-ons in order for it to be worth it.

do they actually limit tickets for these events?
3 hours of park time really isn't a lot for $125.00. The rides would basically need to all be walk-ons in order for it to be worth it.

I believe there’s a hard limit but it’s never been hit, the $125 is enough of a deterrent.

since it's actually 7pm-1am, and not 10-1am, then it actually does make sense. As I'm not usually in the parks for more than half a day anyway.

biggest hurdle is my daughter is still really young, so making it until midnight may be tough.

Hmmm.........

I did the after hours at MK back in January ‘17 and everything (that was open) was a walk on. For SDMT they actually opened the fast pass queue to make it easier to get on the ride. Essentially you have the park to yourself and can walk right on without the crowds. We are doing both the DHS and AK after hours in January ‘19 so I can report back on how it was and crowd levels etc. We did buy at the pass holder rate (platinum pass) so we should be able to get our moneys worth.