Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

="scott_walker, post: 672945, member: 6788"]Were those robots ever introduced here?

We were in Americana for 11 days two weeks ago and never saw them. Also, we never ordered room service , so there's that. :pew:

I heard that they were at Cabana just for testing and will be rolled out with the new hotels being built on the Wet and Wild plot.

For the refillable mugs at Cabana is there a limit to how many times you can use them in a certain time period? I thought i read somewhere that you can only refill every 3 hours but can not confirm.

I thought it was a test for Aventura?

I’m assuming for systems like this, the hotel will need to be completely mapped out with plenty of data access points. Incorporating this into Aventure from the outset makes perfect sense.

For the refillable mugs at Cabana is there a limit to how many times you can use them in a certain time period? I thought i read somewhere that you can only refill every 3 hours but can not confirm.

I’m sure you can refill every 10-15mins. The only time I had an issue was when one of the drinks was flat. From getting a drink to breakfast and finishing my meal, enough time had passed for a refill.

Is there a way to reserve a certain area of the hotel if you call in advance? I have reservations for tower poolside but want to get the best view of the Volcano as possible (without being placed at the end of hotel). There is an angle right by the lay river that i think might be optimal.

Is there a way to reserve a certain area of the hotel if you call in advance? I have reservations for tower poolside but want to get the best view of the Volcano as possible (without being placed at the end of hotel). There is an angle right by the lay river that i think might be optimal.

Go to your confirmation email and at the bottom is a link to modify your reservation. Enter your info then the second option should be guest requests. I believe that’s the location to ask for such a thing, if not call the hotel directly.

I have a CBBR courtyard suite booked and I like to request ones closer to the garden walk way.

couldnt find the link so i chatted with an agent for the request. Also found out that my plan of staying at the Americana side for a better Volcano view will not work since poolside suites are only on the Continental side and a suite is what i have reserved. Would have been cool but not a big deal.

Last edited:
It's shorter than 3 hours. I think it's like 10-30 minute range

It's much shorter than that. Like a couple of minutes.

Last time I was there (a little over a year ago), I filled it, drank it down pretty fast, and then went to refill and I think it was like a minute or two that it made me wait.

It's much shorter than that. Like a couple of minutes.

Last time I was there (a little over a year ago), I filled it, drank it down pretty fast, and then went to refill and I think it was like a minute or two that it made me wait.

I can confirm. I stayed from 9/20-9/24 and once the machine stops filling it's a 2 minute countdown.

Does anyone know if you can book day trips to Kennedy Space Center with transportation direct through Cabana Bay? My folks are going back to Orlando in February and really want to visit the center, but will not have a car rental.

Does anyone know if you can book day trips to Kennedy Space Center with transportation direct through Cabana Bay? My folks are going back to Orlando in February and really want to visit the center, but will not have a car rental.

I know you can rent a car for the day at Cabana Bay, but not sure about trips specifically.