Cabana Bay Beach Resort | Page 117 | Inside Universal Forums

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've ran into situations on hotels where room blocks would lead to longer stays being available but shorter stays aren't. They want longer stays, so they leave rooms freed up in case someone wants a longer reservation. They eventually open up them up to shorter stays, but you risk them getting booked.
Well I decided on an extra day, so it worked haha

We bowled at CB during our stay last year. It was fun and the food wasn't bad either. No reservations, but you need to go early if you want to bowl on a specific day to get a time.

We went bowling on Memorial Day, and definitely had to make day-of reservations. Maybe since it was a busier than usual day...

Food, drinks, and service were great! And you pay by the hour as opposed to number of games, so lots of time for the kid to goof off and "practice". :)

Since this thread is active I will ask now. I've noticed recently that the cheapest room is a "Courtyard Family Suite" this surprises me. Why is a family suite cheaper than a standard room? My party of 3 adults has a standard room booked should we look into changing it to a courtyard family suite?

Reactions: Coasted
Since this thread is active I will ask now. I've noticed recently that the cheapest room is a "Courtyard Family Suite" this surprises me. Why is a family suite cheaper than a standard room? My party of 3 adults has a standard room booked should we look into changing it to a courtyard family suite?

I noticed the same thing a few weeks ago. I called and switched our reservation over to the family suite. More space for less money sounded good to me.

I'm assuming it has to do with promo rates/capacity of suites versus standard rooms.

Reactions: Coasted
I noticed the same thing a few weeks ago. I called and switched our reservation over to the family suite. More space for less money sounded good to me.

I'm assuming it has to do with promo rates/capacity of suites versus standard rooms.
I believe because the Courtyard rooms have outdoor, motel-style doorways whereas the standard rooms have indoor, hotel-style doorways.

I've never seen a Family Suite go for lower than a Standard/Poolside/Volcano view room. Must have a FL Res/AP rate attached to it that the others don't.

Also, here now for the next few days. Just had a pulled pork panini from Bayliner Diner. :drool:

What are the dates?

I have done that during HHN for the rate. Go for it! the extra room is well worth it and you each get a bed if you like. The fold out in the front/kitchen room is surprisingly comfortable. The dividing slider, separate shower vanity and toilet make getting ready for EPA better. I have seen it less or just a few dollars more than standard several times. The whole north building is suites I think.

Reactions: jrn14
cool video
im probably gonna stay at CBBR next summer
are the rooms facing VB more expensive?

The only rooms that face VB are Volcano Side rooms (standard rooms) and 2-bedroom family suites. The Volcano Side rooms are more expensive than regular Standard rooms and 2-bedroom family suites are larger than regular Courtyard or Tower Family Suites and are more expensive as well.

Reactions: twebber55