1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

Discussion in 'Universal Orlando Hotels' started by Fallow, Jul 9, 2012.

1. truejonas

truejonas V.I.P.

Never went near the garage elevators when we were there (took Uber all around Orlando instead), but that would explain why I wouldn't have seen them.

RevFreako likes this.
  2. Dan Vinas

Dan Vinas Newcomer

In 2018 I stayed at the Cabana and bought a day trip to the Kennedy Space Center to Dolphin Tour. I was picked up by the hotel.

Coasted, Legacy and JoeCamel like this.
  3. Skipper Justin

Skipper Justin Veteran Member

For those who’ve stayed in the Volcano view rooms, which tower has the better view?

therock likes this.
  4. MrBlonde

MrBlonde Rookie

Hey,

I only know them as the Volcano Bay towers, but here’s the one with the better view of the main volcano.

Dropped pin
    Near Unnamed Road, Orlando, FL 32819
    Google Maps

The other one has cool views of the back of the water park and slides.

therock likes this.
  5. shiekra38

shiekra38 Veteran Member

They both do...For me, the floor that you are on really makes or breaks the view...I would request a floor above or on the 4th level

therock and Coasted like this.
  6. Skipper Justin

Skipper Justin Veteran Member

Thank you both! Going to request the Beachside tower high floor because it seems to be the closer view of the Volcano. Excited to finally stay in this room type for HHN. Usually get the family tower suite.

7. gbird

gbird Rookie

Interesting tweet today with regards to Cabana Bay getting “stranger” tried to post link but couldn’t unfortunately!

Could CBBR have meet and greet or be decorated for Halloween this year?

8. BBPH

BBPH Veteran Member

Interestingly for when we are visiting (October 9th for two weeks at the Endless Summer) Cabana Bay is the only on property available and the price is dropping rapidly and now cheaper than what we paid for ES.

Could this be a little extra promotion to fill the remaining rooms?

Mad Dog likes this.
  9. gbird

gbird Rookie

We arrive on the 11th October and staying at CBBR, cost £670 for direct flight and hotel. Thought was very cheap!

Coasted likes this.
  10. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

There's some really great Annual Passholder rates for most of the hotels and rooms for the non Holiday weeks in November and December. They were just recently posted since I checked a couple of weeks ago and they weren't this low. Three night minimum for the good rates. CBBR just $99 a night standard. $114 to $124 for suites. Sapphire starts at $119 nightly . All the other hotels are really good too, these are just some examples...........The Annual Passes are such a great deal. In this case, the APH rate is $99 but if you don't have an AP it's $159 a night for a standard room . The savings from the 4 nights I booked basically paid for one of our power annual passes alone. :thumbsup:....Thank you Universal :cheers:....these are really good deals

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    ofhs93, OrlLover, MrBlonde and 2 others like this.
  11. Kevin38

Kevin38 Member

Maybe they will just turn the Cabana Bay sign upside down and other theming ...

12. n i c k

n i c k Rookie

Has anyone posted what the Stranger Things experience here is?

therock likes this.
  13. Joe

Joe aka TestTrack321 Staff Member Moderator

therock and Coasted like this.
  14. Junebug

Junebug Newcomer

A few questions about the hotel:
    • I think we have an exterior entry suite (that's all that was left after we rebooked our "Dorian Weekend"). Does anyone know where those rooms are in the hotel? Are they set apart form the main buildings?
    • Is there anywhere on the property that we can purchase a few light groceries to make breakfast in our kitchenette?
    Thanks

15. Joe

Joe aka TestTrack321 Staff Member Moderator

Exterior entry are the rooms around the Cabana Courtyard to the north of the main lobby.

As for places to get light groceries your best bet would be to order food from a grocery delivery service or Uber to the Publix on Sand Lake (2.5 miles away).

Coasted likes this.
  16. Junebug

Junebug Newcomer

Thanks Joe!

17. RevFreako

RevFreako Premium Member

Are they checking ID or just room keys on the Stranger things photo op?

18. ofhs93

ofhs93 Newcomer

I ended up jumping on one of those AP discounts as well... With our 1st visit being a 7/8 day trip I decided we will be upgrading to APs while there (from a pre-purchased 5 day p2p ticket). I was able to get Royal Pacific for our 1st 2 nights as $185 per and then transferring over to CBBR for $104 a night for a family suite! We were originally scheduled to be at Endless Summer for the entire stay at about $110 a night in a 2 bedroom family suite on a non AP reservation...but I couldn't pass up the AP discount deal when I found it. This is for a stay taking place from 12/3-12/11......Time to now start planning for our repeat visit in fall 2020 lol.

Coasted, n i c k and Mad Dog like this.
  19. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

Glad you were able to get those great rates. It's worth checking those rates on a periodic basis, since there's no set number of days they are pasted prior to the weeks (usually around 3 or 4 months prior, so you won't be able to get next years AP discount rates until a few months before you go). The AP's essentially pay for themselves with the discounts, especially if you're not staying seven nights to get the maximum stay more save more discounts. ....And...that's a great week to vacation. We stayed there those dates last year and it was our most enjoyable Universal vacation. Crowds are comfortable. No rain. And it's so much more enjoyable to tour the parks when the temps aren't in the high 80's. low 90's. Grinchmas, Macy's Parade, Potter Holiday show, and Mannheim Steamroller are alone worth the price of admission. :thumbsup:

Disneyhead, Coasted and ofhs93 like this.
  20. ofhs93

ofhs93 Newcomer

That was the idea lol...we *did* have SMSM rate at Endless...but all of the extra activities and amenities at CBBR were the major draw...and I wanted to have 2 days of express *just* in case....if I had not gotten such a great rate for RPR I would have just taken CBBR...but at the $185 rate I felt it was a good price to pay for ride insurance lol. Next year we'll have to see how the holiday dates fall ect....thinking about a stay that bridges across the beginning of XMas festivities so that we can see the regular castle show and the non holiday park look. I'm hoping they plan on starting holiday things the weekend of 11/14-11/15 next year...with the way the calendar falls..I'm afraid it may be 11/20-11/21 though.

Mad Dog likes this.