Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

Does anyone know if you can book day trips to Kennedy Space Center with transportation direct through Cabana Bay? My folks are going back to Orlando in February and really want to visit the center, but will not have a car rental.

In 2018 I stayed at the Cabana and bought a day trip to the Kennedy Space Center to Dolphin Tour. I was picked up by the hotel.

For those who’ve stayed in the Volcano view rooms, which tower has the better view?

Hey,

I only know them as the Volcano Bay towers, but here’s the one with the better view of the main volcano.

Dropped pin
Near Unnamed Road, Orlando, FL 32819
Google Maps

The other one has cool views of the back of the water park and slides.

Thank you both! Going to request the Beachside tower high floor because it seems to be the closer view of the Volcano. Excited to finally stay in this room type for HHN. Usually get the family tower suite.

Interesting tweet today with regards to Cabana Bay getting “stranger” tried to post link but couldn’t unfortunately!

Could CBBR have meet and greet or be decorated for Halloween this year?

Interestingly for when we are visiting (October 9th for two weeks at the Endless Summer) Cabana Bay is the only on property available and the price is dropping rapidly and now cheaper than what we paid for ES.

Could this be a little extra promotion to fill the remaining rooms?

Interestingly for when we are visiting (October 9th for two weeks at the Endless Summer) Cabana Bay is the only on property available and the price is dropping rapidly and now cheaper than what we paid for ES.

Could this be a little extra promotion to fill the remaining rooms?
We arrive on the 11th October and staying at CBBR, cost £670 for direct flight and hotel. Thought was very cheap!

There's some really great Annual Passholder rates for most of the hotels and rooms for the non Holiday weeks in November and December. They were just recently posted since I checked a couple of weeks ago and they weren't this low. Three night minimum for the good rates. CBBR just $99 a night standard. $114 to $124 for suites. Sapphire starts at $119 nightly . All the other hotels are really good too, these are just some examples...........The Annual Passes are such a great deal. In this case, the APH rate is $99 but if you don't have an AP it's $159 a night for a standard room . The savings from the 4 nights I booked basically paid for one of our power annual passes alone. :thumbsup:....Thank you Universal :cheers:....these are really good deals

Last edited:
A few questions about the hotel:
  • I think we have an exterior entry suite (that's all that was left after we rebooked our "Dorian Weekend"). Does anyone know where those rooms are in the hotel? Are they set apart form the main buildings?
  • Is there anywhere on the property that we can purchase a few light groceries to make breakfast in our kitchenette?
Thanks

A few questions about the hotel:
  • I think we have an exterior entry suite (that's all that was left after we rebooked our "Dorian Weekend"). Does anyone know where those rooms are in the hotel? Are they set apart form the main buildings?
  • Is there anywhere on the property that we can purchase a few light groceries to make breakfast in our kitchenette?
Thanks

Exterior entry are the rooms around the Cabana Courtyard to the north of the main lobby.

As for places to get light groceries your best bet would be to order food from a grocery delivery service or Uber to the Publix on Sand Lake (2.5 miles away).

Exterior entry are the rooms around the Cabana Courtyard to the north of the main lobby.

As for places to get light groceries your best bet would be to order food from a grocery delivery service or Uber to the Publix on Sand Lake (2.5 miles away).
Thanks Joe!

There's some really great Annual Passholder rates for most of the hotels and rooms for the non Holiday weeks in November and December. They were just recently posted since I checked a couple of weeks ago and they weren't this low. Three night minimum for the good rates. CBBR just $99 a night standard. $114 to $124 for suites. Sapphire starts at $119 nightly . All the other hotels are really good too, these are just some examples...........The Annual Passes are such a great deal. In this case, the APH rate is $99 but if you don't have an AP it's $159 a night for a standard room . The savings from the 4 nights I booked basically paid for one of our power annual passes alone. :thumbsup:....Thank you Universal :cheers:....these are really good deals

I ended up jumping on one of those AP discounts as well... With our 1st visit being a 7/8 day trip I decided we will be upgrading to APs while there (from a pre-purchased 5 day p2p ticket). I was able to get Royal Pacific for our 1st 2 nights as $185 per and then transferring over to CBBR for $104 a night for a family suite! We were originally scheduled to be at Endless Summer for the entire stay at about $110 a night in a 2 bedroom family suite on a non AP reservation...but I couldn't pass up the AP discount deal when I found it. This is for a stay taking place from 12/3-12/11......Time to now start planning for our repeat visit in fall 2020 lol.

I ended up jumping on one of those AP discounts as well... With our 1st visit being a 7/8 day trip I decided we will be upgrading to APs while there (from a pre-purchased 5 day p2p ticket). I was able to get Royal Pacific for our 1st 2 nights as $185 per and then transferring over to CBBR for $104 a night for a family suite! We were originally scheduled to be at Endless Summer for the entire stay at about $110 a night in a 2 bedroom family suite on a non AP reservation...but I couldn't pass up the AP discount deal when I found it. This is for a stay taking place from 12/3-12/11......Time to now start planning for our repeat visit in fall 2020 lol.
Glad you were able to get those great rates. It's worth checking those rates on a periodic basis, since there's no set number of days they are pasted prior to the weeks (usually around 3 or 4 months prior, so you won't be able to get next years AP discount rates until a few months before you go). The AP's essentially pay for themselves with the discounts, especially if you're not staying seven nights to get the maximum stay more save more discounts. ....And...that's a great week to vacation. We stayed there those dates last year and it was our most enjoyable Universal vacation. Crowds are comfortable. No rain. And it's so much more enjoyable to tour the parks when the temps aren't in the high 80's. low 90's. Grinchmas, Macy's Parade, Potter Holiday show, and Mannheim Steamroller are alone worth the price of admission. :thumbsup:

Glad you were able to get those great rates. It's worth checking those rates on a periodic basis, since there's no set number of days they are pasted prior to the weeks (usually around 3 or 4 months prior, so you won't be able to get next years AP discount rates until a few months before you go). The AP's essentially pay for themselves with the discounts, especially if you're not staying seven nights to get the maximum stay more save more discounts. ....And...that's a great week to vacation. We stayed there those dates last year and it was our most enjoyable Universal vacation. Crowds are comfortable. No rain. And it's so much more enjoyable to tour the parks when the temps aren't in the high 80's. low 90's. Grinchmas, Macy's Parade, Potter Holiday show, and Mannheim Steamroller are alone worth the price of admission. :thumbsup:

That was the idea lol...we *did* have SMSM rate at Endless...but all of the extra activities and amenities at CBBR were the major draw...and I wanted to have 2 days of express *just* in case....if I had not gotten such a great rate for RPR I would have just taken CBBR...but at the $185 rate I felt it was a good price to pay for ride insurance lol. Next year we'll have to see how the holiday dates fall ect....thinking about a stay that bridges across the beginning of XMas festivities so that we can see the regular castle show and the non holiday park look. I'm hoping they plan on starting holiday things the weekend of 11/14-11/15 next year...with the way the calendar falls..I'm afraid it may be 11/20-11/21 though.