Cabana Bay Beach Resort | Page 82 | Inside Universal Forums

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I get the point your trying to make here, but the Grand Floridian, even if it isn't as "Grand" as Disney may want you to believe (it's certainly no Four Seasons), is well above the level of Cabana Bay. And if you actually get a suite at GF, the service there is actually top notch. I was privileged enough to have the opportunity when I was a bit younger and it was amazing.

Obviously saving $2500 and if you are there for Uni anyway, it's a no brainer... but in what world did GF and CBBR become equals to which we directly compare them?

A fairer comparison probably would've been suites at the Art of Animation resort, though I guarantee the numbers still would've come out greatly in Universal's favor. Still a solid deal for that many rooms.

I snagged an excellent $80/night for a standard room for my trip this week - 4 nights. Loved, loved, loved the resort - the aesthetic, the service, the rooms, the integrated Starbucks and shuttle. Thought I would be walking mostly (and we did once) but the shuttle was so much more convenient than I had anticipated we used it for all other transportation. Didn't really get a chance to explore too much of the amenities (we were always exhausted from the parks), but the one downer I suppose was Bayliner Diner's cooked foods left a little to be desired for the price. That said, the selection of prepackaged foods and drinks was great and at times amusing - we bought ourselves a bottle of Cupcake wine (seriously!?) for a movie night (HBO played Grand Budapest Hotel last night).

Would definitely stay there again for a trip in the off season - in fact, I plan to.

I've now stayed at The American, Thunderbird and Tower. Safe to say I love this hotel. This is where cost meets value in a grand form. The only con like most said. Is the Diner fails. Better bet to just eat at City Walk. I can't understand why anybody would want to spend $250-300 a night unless your bank has no limit. I'll be staying here come HHN multiple nights.

I've got family visiting for Harry Potter Weekends from Seattle, Phoenix, and Washington DC and cannot freaking wait!! Here is the deal though and I wanted to share because I thought it was cool. For the price of ONE NIGHT in a suite at the Grand Floridian I was able to book 3 suites for 3 nights at the Cabana Bay Resort at Universal!! Here is a breakdown

3 Nights / 3 Suites at the Grand Floridian 3500 bucks

3 Nights / 3 Suites at Cabana Bay 1000 Bucks

That means the Grand must be on sale. That's pretty cheap for Grand Floridian.

And I'm not sure why everyone keeps dogging the Bayline Diner. I LIVE for that foccacia sandwich with cajun mayo. I could eat that everyday.

Tower overall would be my pick. Hallway is indoor, evelvator went down by the Diner/near the bus. Only downside was parking was way in the back.

Good information. Thanks!

Yea, the Tower closest to Royal Pacific/Sapphire Falls plot would be my pick if I had to chose.

And I'm not sure why everyone keeps dogging the Bayline Diner. I LIVE for that foccacia sandwich with cajun mayo. I could eat that everyday.

The Swedish Meatballs are LEGIT there.

I've now stayed at The American, Thunderbird and Tower. Safe to say I love this hotel. This is where cost meets value in a grand form. The only con like most said. Is the Diner fails. Better bet to just eat at City Walk. I can't understand why anybody would want to spend $250-300 a night unless your bank has no limit. I'll be staying here come HHN multiple nights.

The main reason I do is there is 5 of us in my family, and the express pass for each is is worth the extra cost. But I have stayed at CB and agree that it is a great value. Fun overall resort with a great atmosphere. I loved the soaps and shampoo.

Yeah I could see that being of value Shucker. I always travel alone. So the express wouldn't do much for me. Unless it's used for HHN. Then were talking.

Does anyone know why the first weekend of March, all the hotels are pricy. Is there anything special going on!!! Im planning on going but it seems like they are expecting crowds. The second weekend of march the prices are even cheaper. What's going on?

A fairer comparison probably would've been suites at the Art of Animation resort, though I guarantee the numbers still would've come out greatly in Universal's favor. Still a solid deal for that many rooms.

I snagged an excellent $80/night for a standard room for my trip this week - 4 nights. Loved, loved, loved the resort - the aesthetic, the service, the rooms, the integrated Starbucks and shuttle. Thought I would be walking mostly (and we did once) but the shuttle was so much more convenient than I had anticipated we used it for all other transportation. Didn't really get a chance to explore too much of the amenities (we were always exhausted from the parks), but the one downer I suppose was Bayliner Diner's cooked foods left a little to be desired for the price. That said, the selection of prepackaged foods and drinks was great and at times amusing - we bought ourselves a bottle of Cupcake wine (seriously!?) for a movie night (HBO played Grand Budapest Hotel last night).

Would definitely stay there again for a trip in the off season - in fact, I plan to.
Yes, that would be a much more even comparison... and CBBR would come out on top by far. AoA is nice for what it is (much nicer than the other values), but it isn't worth the absolutely INSANE prices they charge for rooms at the resort. You could book 3-4 days at CBBR for the price of one day at AoA sometimes.

Yes, that would be a much more even comparison... and CBBR would come out on top by far. AoA is nice for what it is (much nicer than the other values), but it isn't worth the absolutely INSANE prices they charge for rooms at the resort. You could book 3-4 days at CBBR for the price of one day at AoA sometimes.

What kills me is they still have the audacity to name it Value. :lol: At $300-$400 a night.

What kills me is they still have the audacity to name it Value. :lol: At $300-$400 a night.
I think the problem is they continued with the "value" style theming, but wanted to go for a better in-room experience. Had they themed the grounds of the resort slightly less in your face, there's no reason it shouldn't have been a Moderate.

I've got two questions. I am staying at the CBBR with a large group. We are all staying (6 total) in one room but coming in two cars. I am already paying significantly more because of the 6 of us. Do I really need to pay for parking twice if we are taking two cars? And how would they even know if I park both cars at the resort.

Last edited:
I've got two questions. I am staying at the CBBR with a large group. We are all staying (6 total) in one room but coming in two cars. I am already paying significantly more because of the 6 of us. Do I really need to pay for parking twice if we are taking two cars? And how would they even know if I park both cars at the resort.

I haven't used a car there yet, but the Cabana Bay parking lots are gated. So I assume they have some way of stopping this.

When you go to leave the lot you have to run your hotel card through the slot. When you do that, it opens the gate for one car and adds the parking charge to your bill. So if you're staying for 3 days, it'll automatically add 3 days of parking fees when you swipe it.

When you go to leave the lot you have to run your hotel card through the slot. When you do that, it opens the gate for one car and adds the parking charge to your bill. So if you're staying for 3 days, it'll automatically add 3 days of parking fees when you swipe it.
When I've stayed onsite I've, on a few occasions, gone in and
out a couple of times in a day, but the charges were still only a basic one day fee. And those gates malfunction a lot, so you just get on the speaker and they'll let you in when you give your room number. Or you just get a parking receipt to get in if it won't open, throw it away, and use your card to get out (employees directed me to do this during malfunctions. I've had to get new cards made up a few times since they wouldn't work with the parking gate card readers. Can't guarantee it but it might work for you to get around the system if you're using two cars. (Also, the hotel charges for each day stay whether you leave the lot or not)

One of the writers on TPI just reported that he was in an Orange County Tax Appraiser meeting and the Appraiser stated that Cabana Bay is sold out every weekend. Good news for Universal and the future of affordable hotels on property.