Cabana Bay Beach Resort | Page 96 | Inside Universal Forums

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just looking for a 2017 HHN trip now

27th Sept 2017, 14 nights @CBBR, Car and flights out of Manchester for 2 Adults

Virgin = £2460.45 (£1230pp)
TCD = £2296.18 (£1148.09pp) This is the same package

Prices also good for the other resorts

Not looked yet, but it's often cheaper to drop the car and hire elsewhere as they sting you on the insurance.

Man, why did I look, I still got to finalise my March trip, and going to Portugal in the June so I really shouldn't.

Good prices and a small deposit (£300) are so tempting though.

If you take flights off approx £1000
and said £300 for the car
that leaves a £1000 for CBBR /14 nights
makes it roughly £71 ($105 approx) a night for CBBR, roughly what I paid two years ago.

I need to talk to the missus and my boss, boss will be harder to get past LOL

Not looked yet, but it's often cheaper to drop the car and hire elsewhere as they sting you on the insurance.

Man, why did I look, I still got to finalise my March trip, and going to Portugal in the June so I really shouldn't.

makes it roughly £71 ($105 approx) a night for CBBR, roughly what I paid two years ago.

That's how it starts. :lol:

I wonder how many people get conned with the free car.

If you book through TCD, do you still get access to all the flight info on VA?

VA's new policy for charging you to select your seat has annoyed me to no end. I've always found Virgin cheaper by the time you add in all the extras like luggage and drinks but this feels like a low blow.

Reactions: UK-Trigg
That's how it starts. :lol:

I wonder how many people get conned with the free car.

If you book through TCD, do you still get access to all the flight info on VA?

VA's new policy for charging you to select your seat has annoyed me to no end. I've always found Virgin cheaper by the time you add in all the extras like luggage and drinks but this feels like a low blow.

Yes, well at least I have before. If I remember correctly you just ask TCD for a reference/booking number which you can then use to access the manage my booking area on the Virgin site.

The car thing always gets people but it's not the only thing LOL,

I have so many tips and tricks that I have saved several newbies both time and money on their trips pair that with the contacts and knowledge built up over the years and I'm sure I could set up a consultancy service for fellow Brits.

People literally invest £1000s and go without having a clue, often resulting in a bad trip, I've seen/heard it so often. A consultant (me) would be worth paying as they would easily save the fee back with my help.

I have thought about it many times before but never come up with a viable plan to get the idea out there.

Reactions: RevFreako
In the way that the 2 current areas of Cabana Bay represent a 50's theme and a 60's theme respectively (as if the 60's area was an add-on years down the line), does anyone anticipate whether these new towers will be aesthetically different to the existing 60's area, as if they too were somehow a further addition? Maybe a slight 70's twinge?
I'd really like that myself.

That would be perfect for next year. That's around the same time we'll be going. Pat O'Brien's & Thirsty Fish await.

Does anyone know whether checkin for these towers will be the same as the rest of the resort? Doesn't look like there's much room for a driveway/valet area there.

Does anyone know whether checkin for these towers will be the same as the rest of the resort? Doesn't look like there's much room for a driveway/valet area there.

I don't know but did you see the height of the first floor on the one going up? It is at least two stories so I bet that is not guest rooms.

Reactions: Joel
Nowhere near as far as Caribbean Beach Resort or the other Disney moderates...I stay at Caribbean Beach and actually enjoy the long walks. CBBR is compact in comparison.

interesting. I have read a ton of complaints about the distance to get to the rooms at Cabana Bay. Maybe it is the dragging luggage along that makes people cranky? Disney does that luggage delivery even in the value resorts, correct?

interesting. I have read a ton of complaints about the distance to get to the rooms at Cabana Bay. Maybe it is the dragging luggage along that makes people cranky? Disney does that luggage delivery even in the value resorts, correct?
I don't use the service, but I imagine they do. I do the same at CBBR as I do at Caribbean Beach, I park my car in a spot close to the rooms and it's no problem. CBBR is actually even closer. from parking to the rooms. Now, for people not driving, it may be another situation, since CBBR doesn't have bell boy service.

I don't think it really matters for a resort like this. You drive up to check-in and drive to park closer to your building, just like at the Disney Moderates and Values. Not sure how it works for people without the cars and the huge Disney resorts. Do they wait for a bus to pick them up and take them around the property?

I don't use the service, but I imagine they do. I do the same at CBBR as I do at Caribbean Beach, I park my car in a spot close to the rooms and it's no problem. CBBR is actually even closer. from parking to the rooms. Now, for people not driving, it may be another situation, since CBBR doesn't have bell boy service.

Yeah, read a lot of bad reviews of CBBR because of the lack of bell service. Honestly surprised that Disney offers it at their value resorts. Maybe that will be gone with the next cutbacks after this sad low attendance summer season.