Cabana Bay Beach Resort | Page 97 | Inside Universal Forums

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah, read a lot of bad reviews of CBBR because of the lack of bell service. Honestly surprised that Disney offers it at their value resorts. Maybe that will be gone with the next cutbacks after this sad low attendance summer season.
It's part of their Disney Magic Your Way service, so it's kind of like a bell service, but not really a bell service.That's pretty successful for them, and probably not something they would cut anywhere on property. ... Yeah, that could be a bit of a carry from the lobby to a room. But as an example of a bell service. They have it at Portofino, but I rarely see anyone using it. Generally I've seen people carry their own bags.

People who say they can park close are forgetting about people who fly in and don't rent cars. Disney overall is a much more fly and not rent resort. I imagine as Uni grows and they get more on property hotels they are going to have to start offering something similar to Disney so they get more people who fly and stay. That is how Disney makes big bucks because those people don't leave Disney property. 24/7 while on vacation they are spending all their money on Disney property.

People who say they can park close are forgetting about people who fly in and don't rent cars. Disney overall is a much more fly and not rent resort. I imagine as Uni grows and they get more on property hotels they are going to have to start offering something similar to Disney so they get more people who fly and stay. That is how Disney makes big bucks because those people don't leave Disney property. 24/7 while on vacation they are spending all their money on Disney property.[/QUOTE
A very recent Universal non confidential survey had questions relating to a possible Universal system somewhat similar to Disney My Magic.
A very recent Universal non confidential survey had questions relating to a possible Universal system somewhat similar to Disney's Magic Your Way transportation.

Just looking for a 2017 HHN trip now

27th Sept 2017, 14 nights @CBBR, Car and flights out of Manchester for 2 Adults

Virgin = £2460.45 (£1230pp)
TCD = £2296.18 (£1148.09pp) This is the same package

Prices also good for the other resorts

Not looked yet, but it's often cheaper to drop the car and hire elsewhere as they sting you on the insurance.

Man, why did I look, I still got to finalise my March trip, and going to Portugal in the June so I really shouldn't.

Good prices and a small deposit (£300) are so tempting though.

If you take flights off approx £1000
and said £300 for the car
that leaves a £1000 for CBBR /14 nights
makes it roughly £71 ($105 approx) a night for CBBR, roughly what I paid two years ago.

I need to talk to the missus and my boss, boss will be harder to get past LOL

HHN will not be the same without you this year my friend : (

Reactions: Disneyhead
Actually, I am staying at CBBR and using the Universal Express shuttle service to/from the airport. Close enough to Magical Express for me.

You pay for that, right? Do they take your luggage straight from the plane to your room? Because I believe the Disney one does that for free.

It really is a nice free service. And I get why Universal has not done this yet because of the number of hotel rooms they own, but as they grow, I see them adding this. Which is why it was in the survey Mad dog was talking about. I think Universal realizes they need this to get more of the stay on my property for your whole trip vs. the add on days people who have cars. Not saying everyone with cars are adding on days, some drive here (Mad dog), but many who drive also leave property. Which means less money in the pockets of Universal.

Reactions: Mad Dog
You pay for that, right? Do they take your luggage straight from the plane to your room? Because I believe the Disney one does that for free.

It really is a nice free service. And I get why Universal has not done this yet because of the number of hotel rooms they own, but as they grow, I see them adding this. Which is why it was in the survey Mad dog was talking about. I think Universal realizes they need this to get more of the stay on my property for your whole trip vs. the add on days people who have cars. Not saying everyone with cars are adding on days, some drive here (Mad dog), but many who drive also leave property. Which means less money in the pockets of Universal.

The only reason I'm getting a car is to leave property.

I personally can't understand how people can go for 2 weeks, attempt to do all the parks and not drive.

Reactions: IzzyB and GAcoaster
The only reason I'm getting a car is to leave property.

I personally can't understand how people can go for 2 weeks, attempt to do all the parks and not drive.

I don't know anyone that has done 2 weeks, but my friends did like 9 days and didn't leave Disney Property. They did the Magical Express and did the parks and hotel without ever stepping off property. I am on a facebook group and the majority of those people do the same thing. Very few of them stay off property and very few have a car. Only people who drive instead of fly seem to have a car. One was even trying to decide whether to use a FREE timeshare their friend had or stay on property and pay. They felt the money for rental car and parking would be more and wasn't worth it. I suggested they take the free timeshare lol It was A Marriott so not like the accommodations would be crap or anything.

Actually, I am staying at CBBR and using the Universal Express shuttle service to/from the airport. Close enough to Magical Express for me.

The magical express, the parking at WDW is not free. You are paying for all of that, you just don't see it as a separate bill.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I don't know anyone that has done 2 weeks, but my friends did like 9 days and didn't leave Disney Property. They did the Magical Express and did the parks and hotel without ever stepping off property. I am on a facebook group and the majority of those people do the same thing. Very few of them stay off property and very few have a car. Only people who drive instead of fly seem to have a car. One was even trying to decide whether to use a FREE timeshare their friend had or stay on property and pay. They felt the money for rental car and parking would be more and wasn't worth it. I suggested they take the free timeshare lol It was A Marriott so not like the accommodations would be crap or anything.

I know a few people who have done Disney and Universal via bus when staying on I Drive. Some of the return trips from Disney took 90+mins. I can't imagine doing that after spending a full day at MK or being to a water park.

The Brits take ridiculous vacations compared to the US.
"Whot whot... we are ear for 16 wakes, whot whot..."

We'd probably call that just over a fortnight. Us Brits just don't get distance the way you Yanks do. A 50 mile drive to us is a long drive, where as you probably see that as nothing so when we have to travel 9+ hours on a place, you better believe we're going to cram in as much as possible.

I know a few people who have done Disney and Universal via bus when staying on I Drive. Some of the return trips from Disney took 90+mins. I can't imagine doing that after spending a full day at MK or being to a water park.

We'd probably call that just over a fortnight. Us Brits just don't get distance the way you Yanks do. A 50 mile drive to us is a long drive, where as you probably see that as nothing so when we have to travel 9+ hours on a place, you better believe we're going to cram in as much as possible.
Yeah, that sounds rough.

Reactions: Scott W.

That's a fact. On the other hand, some of you guys have no concept of distance v. time. No idea how many Brits I've had to explain that you can't get coast to coast in a week, never mind in a week with sightseeing.

That's a fact. On the other hand, some of you guys have no concept of distance v. time. No idea how many Brits I've had to explain that you can't get coast to coast in a week, never mind in a week with sightseeing.

I'm about 70 miles away from the parks - makes me a local :)

We'd probably call that just over a fortnight. Us Brits just don't get distance the way you Yanks do. A 50 mile drive to us is a long drive, where as you probably see that as nothing so when we have to travel 9+ hours on a place, you better believe we're going to cram in as much as possible.[/QUOTE]

Americans in general like to drive. I don't personally think of a drive as long till it goes past 200 miles. If I can get there in a day, it's not really long.