Cabana Bay Beach Resort | Page 98 | Inside Universal Forums

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's part of their Disney Magic Your Way service, so it's kind of like a bell service, but not really a bell service.That's pretty successful for them, and probably not something they would cut anywhere on property. ... Yeah, that could be a bit of a carry from the lobby to a room. But as an example of a bell service. They have it at Portofino, but I rarely see anyone using it. Generally I've seen people carry their own bags.

Strange, Portofino and HR have all those stairs between check in or parking so I feel I've seen bell services used a lot, plus it is sort of useful if you arrive before your room is ready.

I have no issue w/ CBBR, but like most here, I have a car with me and they do seem to have luggage carts everywhere....I just do not know what it would be like without a car, anyway, I think one of the reasons I like the motel style buildings is that I can typically park right outside my door when I have stayed there.

A couple of quick questions:

1. What is the wifi like at Cabana Bay (the free version says up to 4 devices)
2. Is there somewhere online that I can view the dive in movie schedule for Cabana Bay?

Reactions: Scott W.
A couple of quick questions:

1. What is the wifi like at Cabana Bay (the free version says up to 4 devices)
2. Is there somewhere online that I can view the dive in movie schedule for Cabana Bay?

Medium speed and the Dive In movies are posted in the lobby a week ahead. I don't think they put them online. If the weather is not good I think they just push whatever they were going to show to the next night. They are Universal big time movies. - Jaws, Jurassic Park etc.

Never had a problem with wifi at Cabana Bay, although I just use it for general browsing. This past weekend at Sapphire Falls I would say the wifi is above average, I was uploading lots of images to the forums and it was surprisingly good. I assume both hotels use the same hardware and speeds.

I'm kind of surprised they aren't promoting Xfinity Wifi in the hotels and giving it to all the guests full stream as a great ad for the service from Comcast. Wawa stores are now advertising the free Xfiniti Wifi available, it would make sense for the parks and hotels that are actually part of Comcast to do the same. I'm assuming with Wawa it's because Comcast ad Wawa are both Philadelphia based companies they must have struck some kind of deal.

Wawa And Comcast Team Up To Deliver Free Wi-Fi At More Than 700 East Coast Locations

Reactions: Joel
I'm kind of surprised they aren't promoting Xfinity Wifi in the hotels and giving it to all the guests full stream as a great ad for the service from Comcast. Wawa stores are now advertising the free Xfiniti Wifi available, it would make sense for the parks and hotels that are actually part of Comcast to do the same. I'm assuming with Wawa it's because Comcast ad Wawa are both Philadelphia based companies they must have struck some kind of deal.

Wawa And Comcast Team Up To Deliver Free Wi-Fi At More Than 700 East Coast Locations

I think due to Lowes operating the hotels they want to keep the provider the same across the corporate scene. They have the same setup in all the Lowes properties I have stayed at so I would guess they have a contract with that service to have it in all their hotels.

While adequate for my needs I am like most and think faster is better. Spinning circles is not my idea of entertainment but for the most part everything loads in a fair amount of time. At least they are not charging extra for any access like some chains do.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
I'm just trying to tell my wife "Don't live your life through a screen" while on vacation. Put the phone down.
Yes, I've had the same discussions every vacation. She's "finally" keeping the smart phone time to a bare minimum, and generally only uses it for pictures now. It basically stays in the hotel safe , unless she's expecting a call. And guess what, she finally admitted it's better without the phone, and she's more relaxed.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Scott - do you work for an agency? I see you photoshopping here and there and have always wondered. I work in a digital agency.

I own a printing shop with my dad. I do the occasional bit of photoshop to repair photos but that's about it. Mostly self taught but I think nothing is a better teacher than having to learn on the job. What kind of work do you do?

That sounds like an incredibly relaxing and awesome job to have.

I do love it but the public recently have being getting more and more annoying. I had to explain to an old couple last week that just because they bought a top of the range camera, that because they shot all their photos for their grand daughters wedding in 640x480 resolution, the quality will be terrible and there is nothing I can do about.

Reactions: Teebin and Joel
I do love it but the public recently have being getting more and more annoying. I had to explain to an old couple last week that just because they bought a top of the range camera, that because they shot all their photos for their grand daughters wedding in 640x480 resolution, the quality will be terrible and there is nothing I can do about.
Oh man, those people. I think there's no getting away from them in graphics.

"I'm sorry sir, but your image is 8"x11" at 72 DPI, when I resize it to poster size it's just going to be blurry"
- "Do it anyway, I need this as a poster!"

Get it done, then asks for a refund because it's blurry. Rinse and repeat and that sums up my time at a small time ad agency/print shop.

Reactions: Scott W.