Cabana Bay Beach Resort | Page 60 | Inside Universal Forums

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There are loads of great pictures coming out on Twitter. The place looks really good, I'm impressed! The pool area in particular looks really nicely finished.

I've been reading that guests have been asking about express pass, and how they didn't know it wasn't included...I feel like this is going to be a constant problem for the staff

I've been reading that guests have been asking about express pass, and how they didn't know it wasn't included...I feel like this is going to be a constant problem for the staff

If it gets too out of hand, they can just give the family one express pass to use on one attraction as a consolation. Or offer them a free plate of pretzels with a smile and salutation, "Have a nice day!".

They'll probably offer discounted Express Pass upgrades at the hotel. When you are paying so much less for CB than the other resorts you have to realize you get less.

Totally impressed by all the photos/videos I've seen from Twitter.

My only gripe is thus far that I haven't seen any videos/photos from a standard room. Only family suites.

I've just looked on the website. Don't know if anyone else has seen but the first thing that hits you in the face is "A UNIVERSAL ORLANDO® RESORT VACATION HAS NEVER BEEN SO AFFORDABLE"

That needs changing. I know it's a value resort, but come on, they're majorly underselling it and making it sound like some grotty motel. Have some class, please!

https://www.universalorlando.com/Hotels/Cabana-Bay-Beach-Resort.aspx

Knew that would be a problem. A lot of the people who stay at Universal's resorts have stayed there in the past so they expect Express with the hotel. I don't fault the guest either. It's never not been included, most wouldn't even think to look to see if it's included with the room as they just expect it's the standard.

I mean, sure, we "can't" blame them... but Universal has made sure to let future vacationers know that Cabana Bay does not include Express; so I mean yea..

I've just looked on the website. Don't know if anyone else has seen but the first thing that hits you in the face is "A UNIVERSAL ORLANDO® RESORT VACATION HAS NEVER BEEN SO AFFORDABLE"

That needs changing. I know it's a value resort, but come on, they're majorly underselling it and making it sound like some grotty motel. Have some class, please!

https://www.universalorlando.com/Hotels/Cabana-Bay-Beach-Resort.aspx

How is this lacking in class? It's just marketing. Grab them with a headline. They have a classy picture of the hotel and use the word "affordable". I don't know where you get the grotty motel image from that headline. As a marketing assistant, I have to say it's a good grabber.

I mean, sure, we "can't" blame them... but Universal has made sure to let future vacationers know that Cabana Bay does not include Express; so I mean yea..
Eventually word will get out, but you can't expect guests to know on the first day of opening. We only know Universal has been saying that because we follow it on a daily basis. The average guest probably has only ever looked into the hotel to book a room.

How is this lacking in class? It's just marketing. Grab them with a headline. They have a classy picture of the hotel and use the word "affordable". I don't know where you get the grotty motel image from that headline. As a marketing assistant, I have to say it's a good grabber.

I just feel that it should be "stay here because it's a great fun place, and also it's pretty cheap" rather than just "stay here because it's cheap" with the actual offering and product itself not being part of the main incentive to book it.

Totally impressed by all the photos/videos I've seen from Twitter.

My only gripe is thus far that I haven't seen any videos/photos from a standard room. Only family suites.

Aren't only the family suites open now with the standard rooms opening with Phase 2?