Cabana Bay Beach Resort | Page 99 | Inside Universal Forums

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I own a printing shop with my dad. I do the occasional bit of photoshop to repair photos but that's about it. Mostly self taught but I think nothing is a better teacher than having to learn on the job. What kind of work do you do?

I work at a full service advertising agency, so when everyone talks about UC marketing I always get a good chuckle in as it's my job to think like that. More specifically I'm a graphic designer, web designer & coder, run online ad campaigns, and unfortunately I''m the in-house tech guy everyone comes to with questions. I'm actually building a site for a well-known vlogger duo from the Orlando area right now, it's almost done and I'm just waiting on some content from them to go live. I'll update everyone when it's done!

I do love it but the public recently have being getting more and more annoying. I had to explain to an old couple last week that just because they bought a top of the range camera, that because they shot all their photos for their grand daughters wedding in 640x480 resolution, the quality will be terrible and there is nothing I can do about.

:bang: We get these types of people as clients.. makes you wonder how they're able to run a successful business.

Oh man, those people. I think there's no getting away from them in graphics.

"I'm sorry sir, but your image is 8"x11" at 72 DPI, when I resize it to poster size it's just going to be blurry"
- "Do it anyway, I need this as a poster!"

Get it done, then asks for a refund because it's blurry. Rinse and repeat and that sums up my time at a small time ad agency/print shop.

I have this theory that in about 10 years, there is going to be a whole generation of kids in their late teens with no decent baby photos because their parents never backed up their photos from their phone or because they're on Facebook at minimal quality.

I work at a full service advertising agency, so when everyone talks about UC marketing I always get a good chuckle in as it's my job to think like that. More specifically I'm a graphic designer, web designer & coder, run online ad campaigns, and unfortunately I''m the in-house tech guy everyone comes to with questions. I'm actually building a site for a well-known vlogger duo from the Orlando area right now, it's almost done and I'm just waiting on some content from them to go live. I'll update everyone when it's done!

:bang: We get these types of people as clients.. makes you wonder how they're able to run a successful business.

Looking forward to it! I've been slowly building a website using wix. It's unbelievable how time consuming it is by just gathering photos and content.

I have this theory that in about 10 years, there is going to be a whole generation of kids in their late teens with no decent baby photos because their parents never backed up their photos from their phone or because they're on Facebook at minimal .

All my pictures are backed up to a CD and then that CD has a backup in our safety deposit box. So not me :)

Reactions: Scott W.
Yes their wifi sucks. Will upload pics of VB and 6th hotel site when I get home. Their TV service was awful! They shut off intermittently and could not use the interactive services my entire visit

All my pictures are backed up to a CD and then that CD has a backup in our safety deposit box. So not me :)

What happens when CDs becomes like VHS and there's no more players! hehe..

I have 4 x redundant NAS hard drives backing up all of me and my girlfriend's computers/pics/videos, etc. I think I'm up to about 7-8 TB of media and backups. (I'm a technophile/nerd/whatever you wanna call it)

Reactions: JoeCamel
What happens when CDs becomes like VHS and there's no more players! hehe..

I have 4 x redundant NAS hard drives backing up all of me and my girlfriend's computers/pics/videos, etc. I think I'm up to about 7-8 TB of media and backups. (I'm a technophile/nerd/whatever you wanna call it)

I still have a VCR lol don't use it, but it is shoved in a drawer along with VHS tapes lol

And that's why we get our pictures developed. I'd rather relax and look at a full sized photo in an album, then try to squint to make out those tiny pictures on smartphones and other devices.

Reactions: Joel
And that's why we get our pictures developed. I'd rather relax and look at a full sized photo in an album, then try to squint to make out those tiny pictures on smartphones and other devices.

We have our home entertainment system set up so our TV will play photos of whatever month it is from all previous years. We usually have the TV show photos most of the time while having music play in the background. Makes cooking/cleaning/anything more enjoyable!

Bioreconstruct's latest updates on the CBBR towers and garage expansion...

Sightline of the volcano from the Cabana Bay pool area...