Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

The volcano totally works with Cabana Bay. Fits the whole 50's tiki craze.
Just as long as they don't fill up every inch of empty space with plastic pink flamingos. Some things should be left in the 50s.
flockbig_150.png

As Cabana Bays is so close I wonder if it will have an entrance into Volcano Bay of it's own ?
That is a good question. I would hate to think Cabana Bay is so close to Volcano Bay but makes you walk the long way around to get into the park. Being able to walk in and out of Volcano Bay from a Cabana Bay hotel room would be a tremendous advantage.

That is a good question. I would hate to think Cabana Bay is so close to Volcano Bay but makes you walk the long way around to get into the park. Being able to walk in and out of Volcano Bay from a Cabana Bay hotel room would be a tremendous advantage.
I can see the towers having an entrance but not the regular hotel. I think the towers will be more expensive. Sure it's a tease to be so close but to have to go "the long way", but you likely only paid $120 or so per night so why would the value resort get a special entrance to a park when not even the top level hotels have a special entrance?

I can see the towers having an entrance but not the regular hotel. I think the towers will be more expensive. Sure it's a tease to be so close but to have to go "the long way", but you likely only paid $120 or so per night so why would the value resort get a special entrance to a park when not even the top level hotels have a special entrance?
The top-level hotels are not right next door.

I'd guess that there will just be a walkway from CB to the VB entrance. It just makes sense. I don't think they'll build a special entrance just for CB guests on the side of the park though. I have a feeling they want everyone to enter and get the same presentation through the entry plaza, really setting the mood and tone for the park.

The top-level hotels are not right next door.
I wasn't speaking just to Volcano Bay. For instance, Hard Rock backs up to USF, but you don't see a special entrance over there.

I just feel like if they add things like you guys want (a private gate to VB, IOA) for CBBR, the prices would need to go considerably up. I just don't know how they can justify a private gate at their lowest tiered resort.

I'd guess that there will just be a walkway from CB to the VB entrance. It just makes sense. I don't think they'll build a special entrance just for CB guests on the side of the park though. I have a feeling they want everyone to enter and get the same presentation through the entry plaza, really setting the mood and tone for the park.
As long as there is a walking entry exit from Cabana Bay near Volcano Bay I don't see any problem with that.

Are you looking at Christmas week, or something like that. I've regularly gotten suites at anywhere from $89 to $137 a night booking three to four night stays.

I'm looking at September 16-18, Friday and Saturday night. I know its a weekend but that's kinda ridiculous. Thinking about staying offsite.

I'm showing 194 a night for the family suite that weekend. But you are right, that's still high. You are probably better staying off site. But if you MUST stay on site, Sapphire Falls is the same exact price (194 a night), and a much better hotel than Cabana Bay.