Captain America : Civil War | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Captain America : Civil War

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
bd223d51480d3f4e2b0d59c8850a322d.jpg

Saw it last night.

It's a triumph, and the Captain America Trilogy is easily the best superhero trilogy we've gotten.

The movie is touching, hilariously funny, heart-wrenching, and full of the best superhero action we've seen yet. Every character is handled with care, they're all given character defining moments, and no one feels superfluous or shoehorned in. The Russos showed in this film that they're the guys for the job when it comes to Infinity War.

Cap remains the best superhero on film, RDJ brings his best MCU performance to date, Tom Holland is head and shoulders above the other two cinematic Spider-Men, and Black Panther is a complete badass.

This movie has it all.

Saw it last night.

It's a triumph, and the Captain America Trilogy is easily the best superhero trilogy we've gotten.

The movie is touching, hilariously funny, heart-wrenching, and full of the best superhero action we've seen yet. Every character is handled with care, they're all given character defining moments, and no one feels superfluous or shoehorned in. The Russos showed in this film that they're the guys for the job when it comes to Infinity War.

Cap remains the best superhero on film, RDJ brings his best MCU performance to date, Tom Holland is head and shoulders above the other two cinematic Spider-Men, and Black Panther is a complete badass.

This movie has it all.
Oh man, I am SO excited!

Just got out of this. I'm not quite in the '10/10 ZOMG best film ever' camp, but it is very good. In terms of fun, it's exactly everything that BvS wasn't basically. The most bizarre outcome of all though, is that I am now super excited for a new Spiderman movie again!
Overall, I still would rate it below the first Iron Man movie and Avengers movie, maybe even The Winter Soldier too.
I will just say though, even in a movie about radioactive spider kids and witches, the least convincing aspect in the whole thing was Martin Freeman's American accent. Absolutely atrocious and very distracting.

Miles better than Ultron. Kept me hooked all the way through.

Very much looking forward to Spiderman, despite yet another reboot!! His performance was brilliant, perfect amount of sarcastic action from him.

Agree about Martin Freeman, keeping hearing his London accent coming through.

Just got back from seeing it,

Unlike BvS, this felt like a VS film. You could totally see where both sides are coming from, and when the the fists go swinging you're in for quite a ride. I also felt the conclusion of it all felt right. There's no "MARTHA?!" moment here.

The Russo brothers did a excellent job of giving the right amount of screentime to the various characters, they made the film feel "big", but not bloated. The also did a great job of humanizing everyone which really helped drive the story.

As for the new heroes to the bunch, Black Panther is friggin' awesome and Ladies and Gentleman, we. have. our. Peter Parker AND Spiderman! Seriously, perfect casting choice on this. I'm definitely excited for both Black Panther and Spiderman's films.

So yeah, this film definitely delievered. Which makes things very exciting for Infinity Wars with the Russo Brothers at the helm.

Seeing it tonight, very excited. I was excited as soon as Winter Soldier ended but all the great reviews has made the anticipation greater. I hope it lives up to the hype

9/10

Black Panther and Spider-Man did steal the show, and Ant-Man/Rudd was great; and as others have said, everyone gets their time to shine. It was tough to choose a side, because you understood both arguments, BUT Capt did kinda look like the jerk in some cases. I guess it's perspective. :lol:

Few other issues I had:

Zemo's motivation was weak/cliche, but great acting by Bruhl. Too many convenient turns for his plot to work out.

The airport fight was great filled with nerd-out moments, but I wanted to see more hand-to-hand combat. (more of a nitpick)

Vision was under-used.

Reactions: youhow2
The airport fight scene has got to be one of the coolest fights in a Marvel movie, or even superhero movie in general. Freakin' awesome.

That post-credits scene, too... did you see that? The spider-signal! With Spider-Man nearby, trouble can't be far away!

Did anyone else immediately think of that? :lol:

Us lucky Brits got it released last week, so I've already been twice, and yeah got to echo all the positivity. Absolutely fantastic. Everyone played their part superbly. If only there was an attraction of this :p

The only issue I had was refreezing Bucky. So now we have a moving weapon that we're going to thaw out for every event picture? Why not explore the consequences of his story?

I'm really curious how this movie will affect the naming schemes going forward. While it felt like a Captain America movie in content + camerawork, I feel like all the movies are going to feel like that going forward.

But, I absolutely loved the movie. The most character driven Marvel movie yet. I really hope the ramifications don't get watered down.