Cars area coming to Magic Kingdom | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Cars area coming to Magic Kingdom

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Surprised no one has mentioned that the 2nd attraction might be a replacement for the Tomorrowland Speedway... opening up a massive plot of land for Fantasyland/Tomorrowland expansions.

It seems like Disney is holding back on the concept of Tomorrowland to tackle it together between WDW/DL. Wouldn't surprise me to see this project "fast-tracked" so they can get to work on a complete overhaul of MK afterwards.

The terrain, besides the bit of snow on the hill, kind of reminds me of the original Frontierland during the first years of Disneyland. They've just added cars to the equation. I'm sure I'll like this addition. ...I used to be a big fan of Tom Sawyer Island. But for some reason it seemed old and boring when we went over there the last couple of trips. Even the girls (10 & 11) were very meh about it. Sometimes even nostalgia has its limits. So I have no issue if TSI disappears and is replaced by far superior lands.

Last edited:
The terrain, besides the bit of snow on the hill, kind of reminds me of the original Frontierland during the first years of Disneyland. They've just added cars to the equation. I'm sure I'll like this addition. ...I used to be a big fan of Tom Sawyer Island. But for some reason it seemed old and boring when we went over there the last couple of trips. Even the girls (10 & 11) were very meh about it. Sometimes even nostalgia has its limits. So I have no issue if TSI disappears and is replaced by far superior lands.
Agree - I don't think it should stand in the way of theme park expansion... but losing a bit of the water is an unfortunately downgrade for aesthetics.

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Mad Dog
Would be funny if we're once again in a situation where Disney World, with it's blessing of size, ends up replacing ROA, Muppets, and Dinoland for Cars, MI, and Encanto, while California, depending on Avatar's location, gets either 3 or 4 pure additions.

Losing Rivers of America stinks from a visual / kinetic energy standpoint but I’ve made peace with it. Concept art looks great.
I would be at peace with this as well to a certain degree if there was literally nowhere else to go.

There is plenty room to work with around the rivers. It would fit in much better if they built it alongside and still have plenty of room for Villain’s Kingdom.

We know this. Disney certainly knows this. It’s Disney getting corners and cheating out again.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
I would be at peace with this as well to a certain degree if there was literally nowhere else to go.

There is plenty room to work with around the rivers. It would fit in much better if they built it alongside and still have plenty of room for Villain’s Kingdom.

We know this. Disney certainly knows this. It’s Disney getting corners and cheating out again.
A lot of the area is unsuitable, either due to protection or just can’t be developed.

There is plenty room to work with around the rivers. It would fit in much better if they built it alongside and still have plenty of room for Villain’s Kingdom
Yes, there is plenty of room to work around the rivers. But how long would it take to grade and use that land?

I think they blinked. They feel like they effectively promised BBT in 2022, but realized that they couldn't execute on it within a reasonable timeframe. Unless, they started by filling in the areas which are already suitable for theme park development.

Perhaps with Epic Universe and a potential downturn in the economy, they feel they could no longer announce attractions with a five-six year build cycle without fan and investor blowback.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jake S