Cars area coming to Magic Kingdom | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Cars area coming to Magic Kingdom

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My guess is this version won’t have a high speed section, which saves a ton of space. I think that’s why they made a point to talk about the elevation/terrain stuff, assuming that’s where the bulk of the “thrill” for this ride would come from (for better or worse).
So essentially Indiana Jones levels of intensity, but faster and real.

Reactions: OrlandoGuy
My guess is that it’s some version of this ride system. I remember them touting some kind of near miss ability of this ride system during IAAPA, which could be a good replacement to the racing element of RSR.

Bringing the first real world utilization of any system like this to the busiest theme park in the world is a recipe for disaster.

I think it would benefit Disney to shed some light on the ride system just to calm the nerves of people worried that we'll lose the Rivers of America for a ride that won't work or will close frequently in inclement weather.

Bringing the first real world utilization of any system like this to the busiest theme park in the world is a recipe for disaster.

I think it would benefit Disney to shed some light on the ride system just to calm the nerves of people worried that we'll lose the Rivers of America for a ride that won't work or will close frequently in inclement weather.
I don't think the nerves will be calmed because it looks like an outdoor attraction - so it will be affected by weather regardless of ride system

Reactions: SeventyOne
Just to show that I’m a fair person, here’s a counterpoint (more of an explanation, really) of the thinking that went into this decision. I don’t know who this gentleman is, but he seems to have very direct knowledge of the reasoning (and has seen/heard more than the concept art allows us to gauge).

I guess my response to that is, to again quote THE X-FILES, I want to believe. But they need to deliver in spectacular fashion, and I need to see it.

And it needs to be a place I enjoy spending time around when I’m not on the ride or in its queue. If Grizzly Peak is what they're aiming for, that's great, but nothing in Grizzly Peak commands the sort of crowds that this Cars ride will.

I was going to say it looks like the current main drag through Frontierland is an afterthought in the art, but I’d say it’s a pretty safe bet you’re going to be able to see the cars off-roading from there along with some waterfalls or geysers or whatnot.

My main concern would be more that the ride layout looks pretty expansive when you try to trace it in the art, but will it get the 7DMT or Tron treatment and cut by 30% in the final version.

"TSI only was accessed by another ride with low capacity" and some other points I get.
This is part of my point though. I would go a lot more to the island if I could walk there... and if it was open later. I go to the parks after I get off work so it's always closed by the time I get there. This cars area will be open until the park closes.

I get people's frustrations here and am not here to tell people how to feel, I just think that while sure TSI was designed for kids, I think kids also LOVE Cars and it's going to be accessible right off the main path, so this is going to be a huge capacity improvement to the park before we even get to Villains.

I'd imagine that would be costly to continually replace those expensive tires, and other parts, with the grueling 12-14 hours daily park operation.
Get someone to sponsor the ride and that covers that. That's why Disney loves having a sponsor for the peoplemover and Test Track.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jake S
TSI was a nice attraction to experience without much of a wait. My kids loved it when they were younger plus they could run around aa long as they liked. The replacement, while thrilling will surely have 1.5 to 2 hour standby waits for I guess a 5 minute at most experience.