Cars area coming to Magic Kingdom | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Cars area coming to Magic Kingdom

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think the Velocicoaster comparisons make sense - but it'll definitely be a bit different considering MK is technically replacing 2 "attractions."

VC literally just took over abandoned backstage areas.
The MK Project will be adding somewhere between 6,000+ of hourly capacity, currently TSI/Liberty Belle are about ~1.7K hourly capacity (and barely using it's full potential) and operating short hours.

Current:
Tom Sawyers Island - ~600-800 an hour (opens at 11/12AM, operates to dusk)
Liberty Belle - 900 an hour (opens at 10/11, operates to dusk)

Rough Capacity Estimate:
Cars E-ticket Ride - 1,440 (Test Track's theoretical capacity)
Cars Flat Ride - 720 (Alien Swirling Saucers theoretical capacity -> I believe this will be a version of DisneySea's Aquatopia but w/ Cars)
Villains E-ticket Dark Ride - 1,800-2,000 (Average Modern Disney Dark Ride theoretical capacity)
Villains E-ticket Coaster - 2,000-2,200 (Cosmic Rewind/Everest's theoretical capacity)

I'm not defending the aesthetic choice to remove the waterfront from Liberty Square/Frontierland (I think it's a horrible choice), but not opposed to the removal of TSI and the rest of the Rivers of America.

The MK Project will be adding somewhere between 6,000+ of hourly capacity, currently TSI/Liberty Belle are about ~1.7K hourly capacity (and barely using it's full potential) and operating short hours.

Current:
Tom Sawyers Island - ~600-800 an hour (opens at 11/12AM, operates to dusk)
Liberty Belle - 900 an hour (opens at 10/11, operates to dusk)

Rough Capacity Estimate:
Cars E-ticket Ride - 1,440 (Test Track's theoretical capacity)
Cars Flat Ride - 720 (Alien Swirling Saucers theoretical capacity -> I believe this will be a version of DisneySea's Aquatopia but w/ Cars)
Villains E-ticket Dark Ride - 1,800-2,000 (Average Modern Disney Dark Ride theoretical capacity)
Villains E-ticket Coaster - 2,000-2,200 (Cosmic Rewind/Everest's theoretical capacity)

I'm not defending the aesthetic choice to remove the waterfront from Liberty Square/Frontierland (I think it's a horrible choice), but not opposed to the removal of TSI and the rest of the Rivers of America.
Yes. Kind of reminds me of the huge capacity boost when Diagon/Gringotts/He replaced Jaws or Pandora replaced the Donalds family M&G (Lion King show moved to a new location and a better venue).

My family doesn't go to a theme park for the serene views, or relaxing atmosphere, we can do that at home. We come for entertainment opportunities and experiences offered nowhere else. ROA and the steam boat are fine, but they don't connect with younger consumers, or even me, a 36-M.

Nostalgia by definition, conjures emotions and memories of times past, if the kids aren't connecting with an area today, there will be no nostalgia to tap tomorrow. Times change and the Riverboat and ROA do nothing for the 3 youngest generations.

Take on top of that raw revenue streams, which I'm sure the bean counters are looking at, and its a no brainer. Acres of space which generate little to no revenue, vs a 20 year old IP which still sells vast quantities of merch and has new material coming online every couple years.

Reactions: fryoj
When do we realize we are only a few of the 10 plus million that visits MK? Why do we say things like "well I don't like it so no one should like it"? We do we realize and understand that things, life is bigger than just US? I don't experience everything at parks but I appreciate them for having things FOR everyone and not just me.

Reactions: mccgavin and fryoj