Cars area coming to Magic Kingdom | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Cars area coming to Magic Kingdom

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think the Velocicoaster comparisons make sense - but it'll definitely be a bit different considering MK is technically replacing 2 "attractions."

VC literally just took over abandoned backstage areas.
The MK Project will be adding somewhere between 6,000+ of hourly capacity, currently TSI/Liberty Belle are about ~1.7K hourly capacity (and barely using it's full potential) and operating short hours.

Current:
Tom Sawyers Island - ~600-800 an hour (opens at 11/12AM, operates to dusk)
Liberty Belle - 900 an hour (opens at 10/11, operates to dusk)

Rough Capacity Estimate:
Cars E-ticket Ride - 1,440 (Test Track's theoretical capacity)
Cars Flat Ride - 720 (Alien Swirling Saucers theoretical capacity -> I believe this will be a version of DisneySea's Aquatopia but w/ Cars)
Villains E-ticket Dark Ride - 1,800-2,000 (Average Modern Disney Dark Ride theoretical capacity)
Villains E-ticket Coaster - 2,000-2,200 (Cosmic Rewind/Everest's theoretical capacity)

I'm not defending the aesthetic choice to remove the waterfront from Liberty Square/Frontierland (I think it's a horrible choice), but not opposed to the removal of TSI and the rest of the Rivers of America.

The MK Project will be adding somewhere between 6,000+ of hourly capacity, currently TSI/Liberty Belle are about ~1.7K hourly capacity (and barely using it's full potential) and operating short hours.

Current:
Tom Sawyers Island - ~600-800 an hour (opens at 11/12AM, operates to dusk)
Liberty Belle - 900 an hour (opens at 10/11, operates to dusk)

Rough Capacity Estimate:
Cars E-ticket Ride - 1,440 (Test Track's theoretical capacity)
Cars Flat Ride - 720 (Alien Swirling Saucers theoretical capacity -> I believe this will be a version of DisneySea's Aquatopia but w/ Cars)
Villains E-ticket Dark Ride - 1,800-2,000 (Average Modern Disney Dark Ride theoretical capacity)
Villains E-ticket Coaster - 2,000-2,200 (Cosmic Rewind/Everest's theoretical capacity)

I'm not defending the aesthetic choice to remove the waterfront from Liberty Square/Frontierland (I think it's a horrible choice), but not opposed to the removal of TSI and the rest of the Rivers of America.
Yes. Kind of reminds me of the huge capacity boost when Diagon/Gringotts/He replaced Jaws or Pandora replaced the Donalds family M&G (Lion King show moved to a new location and a better venue).