Cat in the Hat Not Spinning? | Inside Universal Forums

Cat in the Hat Not Spinning?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mar 30, 2013
Clermont, FL
I had a bad experience on Cat in the Hat today. The whole ride, my car didn't spin even once. How long has this been going on? Anyone know how long it'll be like that?

I had a bad experience on Cat in the Hat today. The whole ride, my car didn't spin even once. How long has this been going on? Anyone know how long it'll be like that?

It was like this on Friday, I was wondering why it wasn't spinning.

I thought maybe it was just for that once, like maybe they had it set to some kind of Static mode.

****. What happened now?

If it keeps people from bailing out in the middle of the ride (I hear it happens frequently enough) then safety is #1.

But still, why?

Last time I was there I heard a Dad that was not so happy that his 3 year old couldn't ride Cat in the Hat or the Trolley in Sky. Cant really blame him since the area is supposed to be a kids area. Plenty of thrill rides at IOA, I think they should stop the spinning all together and get rid of the height restriction.

On another note, in the area that says CRASH and starts to spin, there was a cell phone on the ground that was ringing. Kinda funny seeing it especially since the same thing happened to me a few years back, which my oldest quickly reminded me of.

Last time I was there I heard a Dad that was not so happy that his 3 year old couldn't ride Cat in the Hat or the Trolley in Sky. Cant really blame him since the area is supposed to be a kids area. Plenty of thrill rides at IOA, I think they should stop the spinning all together and get rid of the height restriction.

I don't disagree. Reprogram the cars to turn to face what you need to see, but not spin. Uni needs a slower ride that everyone can ride

I almost never go on the ride, but if they do away with the spinning I'll probably never even look at the building again. The initial first spin that catches you off guard is always pretty fun.

I haven't been a fan of the ride since they toned down the spinning, but if they're not going to spin at all I wont even ride it again. The spinning adds that much to the experience.

I'm fine with removing the spinning... If they polish the hell out of the ride while it's being reprogrammed. They got away with being lazy sometimes due to the spinning, IMO.

They had better not leave it like this, or else they're ruining the whole ride. That was literally the best element of the ride- otherwise, it practically becomes a twin of any of Disney's many omnimover rides.

Cat in the Hat has a height requirement? I distinctively remember being able to ride this but not Flying Unicorn since I was 35".

I really hope they stop the spinning. It would be a Great family dark ride if they got rid of the un-necessary spinning and made it so you just turn to face the scene

Just asked one of my friends that works the ride. He said this:
We had a jumper a woman who dropped her bag and she broke a sensor so it won't spin till that's fix.

Also, those of you saying the ride doesn't need to spin....what? It's what makes the ride fun and unique. The ride without the spin will still have a height limit. Talkng it away won't enable that many people to ride the ride.

Also, those of you saying the ride doesn't need to spin....what? It's what makes the ride fun and unique. The ride without the spin will still have a height limit. Talkng it away won't enable that many people to ride the ride.

Thanks for the info! :thumbs:

The height limit is "Under 48” must be accompanied by a Supervising Companion." The thing that knocks babies out is "Continuously grasp the lap bar with at least one upper extremity; independently maintain yourself
in an upright position while seated" (Note the word independently).

Also there are no sensors on the ride for just the spin. If a sensor was broken it could be replaced in under 10 minutes and the ride system would not allow forward motion with it broken.

Reactions: natespf

That would be your opinion. Many people like it because of the sets and animatronics and could do without the spinning.