Cat in the Hat Not Spinning? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Cat in the Hat Not Spinning?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Also there are no sensors on the ride for just the spin. If a sensor was broken it could be replaced in under 10 minutes and the ride system would not allow forward motion with it broken.

Proving once again that just like at Disney, front line Cast/Team members don't know **** :lol:

*waits to be flamed by people on here that work or have close friends that work at the parks*

That would be your opinion. Many people like it because of the sets and animatronics and could do without the spinning.

Only Cat in the Hat isn't exactly an exquisitely themed family dark ride in the same way POTC and HM are. Without the LSD spinning room :lol: the appeal for adults goes away since the ride is sadly becoming dated. It could use some Potter-level theming IMO. The Cat ought to be brought to Hunny Hunt levels

The attraction could use a grand refurb, and, as part of that, I would LOVE if they could make the cars variable like they are in Antarctica: spinning for those who can meet the height requirement, and stationary, or slowly rotating, for those who want or need a calmer ride. Heck, maybe we can even make the wild ride wilder!

The height limit is "Under 48” must be accompanied by a Supervising Companion." The thing that knocks babies out is "Continuously grasp the lap bar with at least one upper extremity; independently maintain yourself
in an upright position while seated" (Note the word independently).

Also there are no sensors on the ride for just the spin. If a sensor was broken it could be replaced in under 10 minutes and the ride system would not allow forward motion with it broken.

I wonder if it has something to do with the widget that unlocks the RV's as they leave load? If that's broken, then there would be no spinning.

I wonder if it has something to do with the widget that unlocks the RV's as they leave load? If that's broken, then there would be no spinning.

It would, and they could run with that broken, but it's really just a block of wood at two elevations and angled correctly. And they have spares in the back for a quick swap.

Most likely it was turned off for one reason or another.

I seem to remember that a couple of years ago there was a period of time that the spinning was absent. Does anyone remember what the issue was then?

I've ridden this ride with people from all age groups. From kids(2-15) to seniors, everyone that I've been with enjoy the spinning aspect. Obviously there's a few who don't like it, and are prone to dizziness, but why change it for a slim minority, or for the occasional dumb guest who climbs out? The spinning adds a mild thrill most families enjoy.

Rode it today and yup, it is not spinning. I missed the spinning. I guess that makes it milder for younger children and those who couldn't ride it because they got dizzy.

I'm not renewing my AP unless this starts spinning soon!!

Seriously though, why is this thread three pages? HP, Kong, JP, Cabana not interesting enough?

This isn't the first time the ride has had a jumper. Now they're debating whether to keep the spinning or not. Turns out they've had a higher ride attendance without the spinning!

Guests wouldn't know that it's not spinning by waiting in the queue. In fact, the sign that says, "This ride will spin!" is still posted. I guess they could talk to a team member.