Cat in the Hat Not Spinning? | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Cat in the Hat Not Spinning?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This totally sounds like a Disney move.:ears::down:

Honestly Seuss area is one big mess when it comes to safety. They have to change basically a people mover to 40" so by the time the kids are tall enough to ride it they are bored of it. Now they have taken the spinning completely out because of safety concerns. This is an area of the park that really needs some work done to it to make it more fun for all.

Doesn't this ride have the same ride chassis as Men In Black? I know that MIB had similar ride safety issues, and went thru multiple restraint systems in order to find the most efficient and safest possible ride. MIB's final solution to its problem was to change to individual lab bar restraints. I think while Cat in the Hat has a different seating arrangement, i do not think it would be impossible to come up with a similar individual restraint system in order for Cat in the Hat to spin once again.

Doesn't this ride have the same ride chassis as Men In Black? I know that MIB had similar ride safety issues, and went thru multiple restraint systems in order to find the most efficient and safest possible ride. MIB's final solution to its problem was to change to individual lab bar restraints. I think while Cat in the Hat has a different seating arrangement, i do not think it would be impossible to come up with a similar individual restraint system in order for Cat in the Hat to spin once again.

CitH has lower height restrictions, which makes it harder to make a restraint that would work for everyone who rides.

Makes me sad to see this attraction dimmed down. But all it takes is a few bad apples to ruin it for everybody.

Perhaps we just need straight-jacket restraints to keep every seated for the duration of the ride :hat:

Just rode it yesterday, the lack of spinning makes a pretty big difference and makes the spinny room feel pretty odd. One of my step-daughters was very nonplussed with the changes.

So does the ride not even turn to face the show scenes? When I was there a month ago it didn't really spin like it used to but it did pivot to face the sets. I know they removed the spinning entirely a while back and then reintroduced it again but toned down. I would assume they are working on a reprofile of the ride again and in the meantime have turned the spinning off. If they really are removing it entirely that is truly bad show and something we should be e-mailing customer service about. We don't want Universal to turn into another Disney that overreacts and removes elements the instant the lawyers step in.

On Sunday, it would pivot to face the scenes, and it did go in circles but I wouldn't classify it anywhere near the spinning it used to have. I'd qualify it more in the realm of gingerly turning occasionally resulting in a full circle.

On Sunday, it would pivot to face the scenes, and it did go in circles but I wouldn't classify it anywhere near the spinning it used to have. I'd qualify it more in the realm of gingerly turning occasionally resulting in a full circle.

Well in that case this isn't a new development. It has been that way for a year or more now. It isn't a recent change. I thought everyone was indicating that it stopped turning entirely and moves in a completely straight line.

Ok. When you guys said it stopped spinning I was thinking the thing looked straight forward the whole ride. While still unfortunate it isn't the end of the world.

Well in that case this isn't a new development. It has been that way for a year or more now. It isn't a recent change. I thought everyone was indicating that it stopped turning entirely and moves in a completely straight line.

This is definitely a departure from what it had been before. It does turn but it doesn't spin like it used to. This felt like it spun slower and less than MiB or Spiderman, whereas before it was a lot more.

Ok. When you guys said it stopped spinning I was thinking the thing looked straight forward the whole ride. While still unfortunate it isn't the end of the world.

In the beginning, it may have stopped spinning completely. I haven't been on it before Sunday since just prior to the thread being created.

In the beginning, it may have stopped spinning completely. I haven't been on it before Sunday since just prior to the thread being created.

Yes, I believe others were saying it was facing straight forward for a little while, then the spinning came back in a toned down form. This may have been for them to keep the ride open while it was being reprogrammed.

This ride has habitually been our "first" on vacation. In the past it has made us all feel giddy and started things off with a bang! Unfortunately now I've had to warn the kids not to be disappointed.

This ride has so many family memories surrounding it. I am worried about how disappointed we will feel. Not that it will ruin our trip...just that it will leave a bad taste in our mouth. I know change is inevitable, but it sucks!

So does the ride not even turn to face the show scenes? When I was there a month ago it didn't really spin like it used to but it did pivot to face the sets. I know they removed the spinning entirely a while back and then reintroduced it again but toned down. I would assume they are working on a reprofile of the ride again and in the meantime have turned the spinning off. If they really are removing it entirely that is truly bad show and something we should be e-mailing customer service about. We don't want Universal to turn into another Disney that overreacts and removes elements the instant the lawyers step in.

Ummmm... Universal and Disney both do the same thing when lawyers step in. Uni has shown a patter of this (No longer dueling dragons, increasing height restriction on high in the sky, removing the B&T show from Hollywood park, and no/reduced spinning). I think it sucks when it happens in either park, but Uni has never been one to push the limit when lawyers step in. Neither park wants to get sued. I really can't blame either one and both could do a better job at fixing the problem. But to say Uni is turning into Disney for this is just not true. They have always been like this.