Cat in the Hat Not Spinning? | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Cat in the Hat Not Spinning?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Honestly, this would be incredibly dangerous to the little ones. Without a restraint (even lap sitting), one can easily be ejected from the front row of Cat if it spins at full speed.

ET needs individual restraints because the RVs are about 14 feet off the floor at one point and open sided.

Tone down the spinning to just what's necessary for show. Plus you could always allow lap sitting in addition to the restraints.

E.T. should bring back the spaceship vehicles as part of the KidZone revamp. Making both of those rides all-ages eases the need for more family attractions

^Trust me when I say this, there's some very technical reasons why Cat can't, and won't ever have lap sitting.

Last edited:
Bold idea, get rid of cat in the hat and replace it with a new trackless cat in the hat and add a large section of the mother of all messes as found in the movie.

As a grownup I dont like the spinning, but could could handle it on CiTH. The problem was the car didnt gradually start spinning, it would go from 0-60 in 1 sec. So I can see why it was dangerous for little one if you were not holding on tight to them. Plus sometimes would have to brace myself so I wouldn't crush the little ones in the seat with me :)

I cant tell you how many times I have heard parents complaining in the Seuss area about not being able to ride CiTH or the Trolley. Our family doesn't have that issue anymore, but can fully understand the frustration.

I rode it for the first time post refurb this past week. The ride is different now for sure. The thing I do not understand is that they are still crazily enforcing the hat and sunglasses rules, but the ride spins so little you have no danger of losing them. The ride is a far cry from the original version, but I do enjoy not feeling like I am going to vomit after I ride like I did in the original version.

Rode the ride without spinning for the first time. Well that was sufficiently awkward.

I was lied to by a Cat in The Hat worker when I went last week. The ride broke down when I rode it and when it started up again, the ride didn't spin at all. She said that after it breaks down it doesn't spin because it has to reset itself. A friend rode it without it breaking down and it still didn't spin. Universal Totally have neutered the Cat in The Hat, no pun intended. Height restrictions and Warning signs are there for a reason. If your not able to ride it or obey the rules, then you shouldn't ride it and end up ruining the ride for others. (Hence Dueling Dragons)

I will not stand for this kind of disrespect to a ride operator.

She did not lie to you. After an E-Stop, the RVs can't resume the profile. It will not spin until it hits the "profile start" pucks in Scene 1. It's a fail safe. Even after this, the E-Stop may cause a fault in the RV that might not reset easily, and may require maintenance to fight with it.

Please, know what you're talking about before calling somebody a liar.

I will not stand for this kind of disrespect to a ride operator.

She did not lie to you. After an E-Stop, the RVs can't resume the profile. It will not spin until it hits the "profile start" pucks in Scene 1. It's a fail safe. Even after this, the E-Stop may cause a fault in the RV that might not reset easily, and may require maintenance to fight with it.

Please, know what you're talking about before calling somebody a liar.

My word. A quick explanation of this by the ride operator might have been helpful. If the operator does not have the time for this quick explanation, than the OP had a good reason to make the post as they could not possibly know. Correct?

I think a sorry its not spinning is more than enough. There are plenty of people in line possibly asking the same thing and a quick detailed explanation should not be necessary and would likely be preferred by legal.

Would someone expect a full story to be given after every ride of dragon challenge as to why they don't duel anymore? Somehow I think "somebody was permanently blinded from debris" would not instill confidence or repeat riders.

I was lied to by a Cat in The Hat worker when I went last week. The ride broke down when I rode it and when it started up again, the ride didn't spin at all. She said that after it breaks down it doesn't spin because it has to reset itself. A friend rode it without it breaking down and it still didn't spin. Universal Totally have neutered the Cat in The Hat, no pun intended. Height restrictions and Warning signs are there for a reason. If your not able to ride it or obey the rules, then you shouldn't ride it and end up ruining the ride for others. (Hence Dueling Dragons)

Please remember that ride operators don't know any more about this than we do, most of them know even less. They get 0 information from management and there's very little communication. She was probably giving you the best answer based on previous knowledge she could.

I was there the past few days and the ride did not spin one single time. When I asked the ride attendant at the end, she told me that they recently modified the ride and that it will not spin anymore. I asked her if this was a permanent change, and she told me it was. Very disappointed, I'll never ride it again. Taking away the spinning sucks all the fun out of the ride.

I was there the past few days and the ride did not spin one single time. When I asked the ride attendant at the end, she told me that they recently modified the ride and that it will not spin anymore. I asked her if this was a permanent change, and she told me it was. Very disappointed, I'll never ride it again. Taking away the spinning sucks all the fun out of the ride.

Well... I guess my mom can ride it now without wanting to hurl.

This totally sounds like a Disney move.:ears::down: